PDA

View Full Version : anyone on beta blockers of ACE?

sarah
08-19-2006, 05:10 AM
Read the following with interest and wondered if anyone was on beta blockers or ACEs?

from article about cardiac problems with Herceptin:
"The women had tumors that were sensitive to the drug Herceptin, which can help 20 percent to 25 percent of patients but is known to cause heart problems in some. The patients took the drug for at least a year; in 49 women, or 28 percent, the heart lost some of its pumping ability, usually while they were still taking the drug. More than half had no symptoms, but some felt short of breath. But the problem could usually be reversed with medicines like beta blockers and ACE inhibitors."

Personally my Mugas and echocardigrams have been good but I do suffer from shortness of breath when walking up even slight inclines or simple exercises so I'd be curious to hear if anyone's taken this treatments.
sarah

Cathya
08-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Sarah;

Due to low muga reading and enlarged heart I was taken off herceptin for four months.....after 8 months on. No specific medicine was prescribed for my heart during those four months but things are better now and I am to restart herceptin (weekly now instead of every three weeks) in about 10 days. Yipee.

Cathy

sarah
08-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Dear Cathy,
Glad things are going well for you.
sarah
PS I was just curious about the beta blockers and ACE