PDA

View Full Version : Good CT and MUGA results today!

Lee
07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
I have been off chemo and on every-three-week herceptin since April; I was pronounced NED at that time. So this was my first follow-up CT since chemo was over. Good news to report - I'm still NED! I apparently was nervous about this appointment, because my blood pressure was sky high (it's usually at the low end of normal) but I'm breathing a HUGE sigh of relief. This leads me to believe the herceptin is doing what it is supposed to.

I also had a good MUGA report, my LEF was 72%. The weird thing is, it measured 70% in December, and then when we re-tested in May, it was at 54%. Since it had gone down, we decided to re-do it again this month, and it's back up in the 70s. Doesn't this sound like the middle reading had to be a mistake? Whatever the reason, I'll take the good number if it means I can stay on herceptin!

My hubby and I are leaving for vacation in Italy on Saturday, so this was a GREAT thing to take with us!

Diagnosed 9/05, ER/PR-, Her2+++
Lumpectomy 10/05
Found mets in liver & pelvis
Began Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin 10/31/05
Finished chemo 4/06/06, now on herceptin every 3 wks

Joe
07-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Lee,
That is certainly great news !!! We always suggest repeating a test when results are abnormal. I'm glad you did and I'm glad the results were good.

Regards and enjoy your trip to Italy,

Joe

tousled1
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Great news Lee. Now you and your husband can relax and enjoy your well deserved vacation.

chrisy
07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Great news, Lee - take that sigh of relief on vacation with you and enjoy the break! You certainly deserve it!