PDA

View Full Version : vacation news...........

al from Canada
07-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Just a note that I will be going on vacation with my boys to the west coast this weekend, returning beginning of August. I will not be taking my laptop so I will not be able to post. However, I will be visiting Steph in Seattle so I will be taking requests to pass on 1 (one) kiss per request. I just hope that I don't get more than 10 requests because I think (husband) Emile may get a little excited, or angry. I will get caught-up upon my return.
more news.... daughter (bloodclot) loren is doing much better, in good spirits and started back to work this week.
more news.... I registered my cottage with COTTAGE DREAMS, an Ontario program to share your cottage with cancer survivors. The ONLY reason I say this is I'm not sure how wide spread this concept is but wow, if you don't have it in your area, start one! http://www.cottagedreams.org/About/

So... I will miss and be thinking of all of you and.. as Linda said to me so many times, "I will get more out of cancer than it will take from me", quality of life is everything.
Cheers,
Al

chrisy
07-11-2006, 04:19 PM
You certainly deserve to have some time away from it ALL. I will miss your posts but am delighted that you are taking care of yourself. Be careful with StephN - and enjoy the love-fest!
Although I have no idea where you are vacationing, this quote came to mind...and I hope that whatever you do will soothe the spirit and be true "re-creation" for you

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves"...John Muir

Chris

Barbara H.
07-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Have a wonderful time on your trip, Al. Say hello to Steph; I hope to meet her someday. You and your boys deserve this trip. Enjoy this time together.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

lexigirl
07-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Al,

Have a wonderful time with your boys and enjoy every minute!!

Hugs,
Lexi

Cathya
07-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Al;

I have heard of Cottage Dreams and am so impressed that you are supporting it!! Perhaps Maryann might enjoy using your cottage on her trip to Canada....I suspect it is isolated enough to make it a "safe" holiday for her and her family. I hope you enjoy your holiday and thank you for your support.

Cathy

judiek
07-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Al,

Have a wonderful time with your boys...gentle hug to Steph.

What a great idea on the cottage

Warmly,

Judiek

IRENE FROM TAMPA
07-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Al - have a great vacation with your boys and say Hi to Steph from her HER2 sisters.

Glad to hear that your daughter is doing well and back at work.

That is a great thing you are doing with your cottage. Wish I had something to offer on our beach side of the world. Would love one day to visit yours, it looks awsome.

Have a great time

StephN
07-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Guess you had better give me the days you think you will be around our parts, so we can coordinate our life a little bit.

What day do you have the trip to Seattle on the Clipper booked? We can meet you and Adrian at the dock which is only a few blocks from our store.

See you soon. Better get some good wine ready, huh?

RhondaH
07-11-2006, 06:28 PM
have a GREAT and restful trip and hugs and kisses to Steph. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Sherryg683
07-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Have a wonderful trip. That is such a nice idea, I would love to have a cottage to visit. Good news on your daughter too. Don't get chapped lips with all that kissing...sherryg683

Carol.hope
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing it. Have a good vacation. You certainly deserve it. We will miss you.

- Carol

janet/FL
07-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Al, I hope you have a wonderful vacation and give a hug to Steph. The Cottage Dream idea sounds wonderful. Does anyone know if there is anything like this in the States?
Janet

Vi Schorpp
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Al, enjoy yourself and just live in the moment for your vacation. Have a great time with Steph. As far as the kisses, how many of us are registered on this site? Better get busy!

tousled1
07-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Al, You certainly deserve a vacation. Enjoy the time with your children.

MGordon
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Any option other than a KISS for some of us! lol

Have a great trip!

Tom
07-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Go for it Al. Enjoy the vacation. It sounds like a great time. You certainly deserve it. I think maybe I'll try to get Mom and myself out of the area if I can, as I think our lives have been swallowed up by doctors' visits and IV bags. Don't stay away too long. We so enjoy and appreciate hearing from you. Take care.

Tom

Jean
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Al,

Wishing you a wonderful vacation! Try to rest a bit...so glad to hear your daugher is doing so well. Oh, if I had a cottage I would gladly offer it.

Great idea from a great guy!

Jean

mamacze
07-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Dear Al,

Taking care of yourself is well deserved and LONG overdue. Enjoy that salty air and know that Emile breaks out only the best tasting wine...We will all be thinking of you...come back with details; we will get vicarious pleasure hearing about your trip.
Love Kim from CT

Lolly
07-17-2006, 09:57 PM
Al, I think you'll love Seattle, if you've never been there. It's chock full of fun things to do, and of course seeing Steph and Emile is the icing on the cake! They also have some very delicious dark, dark chocolate at their store ;)

<3 Lolly

madubois63
07-18-2006, 05:56 AM
>I have heard of Cottage Dreams and am so impressed that you are supporting it!! Perhaps Maryann might enjoy using your cottage on her trip to Canada....I suspect it is isolated enough to make it a "safe" holiday for her and her family. I hope you enjoy your holiday and thank you for your support.<

You never cease to amaze me Al. Sharing your cottage - that is such a nice idea...and Cathy - what a nice idea too. Thanks for thinking of me. The one thing keeping me from a vacation this year (or any year) is money. I could never afford to stay in Canada (unless I bring my mom and she pays - lol).

Al - Have a GREAT trip and please give Steph a HUGE hug for me!!! Steph - please give Al a HUGE hug and kiss for me!!!

..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´ -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´.

RobinP
07-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Al have a wonderful trip and time with your boys and seeing Steph. You're a gem for mentioning and supporting the cottage for cancer survivors.Take care.