PDA

View Full Version : Repeating chemo's....

jojo
07-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Just so you know that, as long as you have had a considerately-lengthy break (like one year) and as long as you have had pretty good successful results, you might be considered for re-taking the same chemo's.

I am currently on Abraxane, and I asked my onc nurse practitioner, if I could ever repeat Abraxane in the near future, so she siad yes.

Wouldn't hurt to ask your onc this......

Very best of luck to you guys!

StephN
07-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey JOJO!

Been thinking about you and hoping you are getting in some quality vacation time with your family.

How is the Abraxane working??
I ask because I have a friend on it now for about a month and she is very worried about her stubborn lymph nodes responding or not. She also gets Herceptin.
Told me yesterday her hair is about gone now.

Glad to hear from you.

Cheers!
Steph

tousled1
07-11-2006, 02:15 PM
One chemo drug that you can not take again is Adramycin (spelling?).

judiek
07-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Jojo,

I was just told last week from another onc that she too will repeat chemo's as this has been effective for some of her patients.

Judiek

Ruth
07-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Judie,

So good to see a post from you! I have been out of the loop for a while and I come to this website and see yours and it makes me smile. I'm up in Maryland for my oldest son taking a summer course at Johns Hopkins-CTY program. I'm bored in the hotel room and enjoying going to websites!
Have a great day ~ Ruth

judiek
07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Ruth,

I have thought about you numerous times...I do hope you're still doing well. I can't believe your in Baltimore...I'm just south of there about 20 minutes. I was just at JH today...Wilmer Eye Clinic. I see a lot of JH these days!

Warmly,

Judie