PDA

View Full Version : Update from TriciaK

TriciaK
07-02-2006, 08:34 PM
Just a quick post tonight to thank you all for the wonderful messages of thoughts and prayers concerning my husband's open heart surgery. He did have a quadruple bypass, and it was difficult, but he is in recovery in the ICU tonight at the excellent Banner Baywood Heart Hospital here in Mesa, Az., where we seem to have spent a lot of time lately. The surgeon says he is doing well and the surgery was successful, and that of course is the answer to our prayers. As I well know, having just gone through it myself, he has a long hard road ahead but together we'll get through it for him, just as we did for me. I will be spending a lot of time at the hospital with him but will check this site each night as usual and post when I can. Your messages touched my heart; I read some before I left for the hospital at 5 this morning, and there were others tonight when I got home. I appreciate so much knowing you are all there, so caring and loving! As I've said before, people make plans and God just chuckles---We aren't sure why our lives have taken another turn but we will keep trying to stay in tune and understand his will. Life is a challenge, as we all know! God bless you, each one! Hugs, Tricia

Carol.hope
07-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Tricia, that's good news. Thanks for sharing it. And do take good care of yourself, too. You already know how important that is. You are precious to many people, including all of us HER2s! Peace to you. - Carol

Barbara H.
07-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Glad to hear the good news. I have been thinking of both of you all day!!
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Jean
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Tricia,
Thank you for the update - I knew the news would be positive. Those prayers are powerful....please take care of yourself also and before you know it your hubby will be back at home where he belongs.....

Very happy to hear your good news.

Hugs,
Jean

StephN
07-02-2006, 10:06 PM
I am SO happy for your good news.

Been dealing with computer problems, so was not caught up with this sudden turn of events in your life.
Now be sure YOU get the rest and nourishment YOU need, being still in recovery yourself.
Special thoughts coming your way from the SUNNY woods.

DeborahNC
07-03-2006, 05:06 AM
Thank you for the update, Tricia. I held you both in my heart yesterday. Although I'm not a well known poster here, I care about everyone on this site.

rinaina
07-03-2006, 06:10 AM
glad to hear the surgery for your husband is over and went well. could your plate be any fuller? you along with so many are such an inspiration to me and remind me just how fortunate i am. continued good recovery and good health to you and your husband and family.

tousled1
07-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Glad to hear that your husband's surgery went well. Just make sure that you take care of yourself as well. I know how exhausting it is to be making trips back and forth to the hospital. God bless you.

Unregistered
07-03-2006, 07:03 AM
WHen it rains it pours. Two women in my Wellness Community support group helped their husbands recover from heart surgery - one's husband had a quintuple bypass and another's had a tiny defibrulator implanted.

I hope your husband is behaving himself. The woman in my support group had a lot of stress because her bypass hubby insisted on carrying bags of groceries. He actually tore his stitches. Some men are really stubborn!!!
MJO

Joe
07-03-2006, 07:50 AM
2006 got off to a rocky start, it is very gratifying to hear some good news.

Warmest Regards
Joe and Christine

Tom
07-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Dear Tricia,

It's great to hear that all went well for you with this latest test of wills. It seems around here that many are being dealt a double dose of faith-testing circumstances. Some days I walk out front half expecting to get hit by an asteroid...lol. You just never know what's next.

Take good care of that husband of yours, and care of yourself as well. I hope you have some help that can pitch in once in a while. Who would have thought the two of you would be patching each other's boo boos after all these years? I wish you the best. Please keep us informed.

Sincerely,
Tom

Jean
07-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Tom,
Regarding that asteroid - one barely missed the Earth last night at midnight
( I am sure you already heard the news)....I had to chuckle when you mentioned an asteroid hitting us. You were NOT far off. Hope all is going well with your Mother....

Jean

sarah
07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Daer Tricia,
do happy to hear your good news.
take care both of you.
good health and happiness
sarah

CLTann
07-03-2006, 12:19 PM
TriciaK,

Please allow me to add my best wishes for your husband and yourself. The surgery success news is wonderful. Both of you have a long journey to travel and I wish it will be a happy one.

Ann

Barbara
07-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi:

I too am happy to hear that your husband's surgery went so well. You two have both had some stressful health events and good news lifts a weight from your heart I am sure.

Barbara