PDA

View Full Version : HOME SWEET HOME - madubois63

madubois63
06-29-2006, 09:19 AM
YEAH!!! I am home. Once my counts started to move, they just ran. My platelets were at 188 yesterday - haven't been that high since January. Just last week I was at 8 or 9. My whites are still a little low, but much better than zero. I can't really go in crowds, so no stores for a bit. My bed feels so amazing and my dog was just too happy to see me. My kids crawled in to bed with me and just held my hands. It was amazing!! I'll have another bone marrow biopsy next week and then the doctor can tell me what I already know - that I am in reission - tehe. Then we can start the donor search, and I go to Buffalo for a consult. Thanks for all the advice on Buffalo and offers for visits. I will take you all up on it (except that mother-in-law - lol)! I am going to enjoy my weekend at home and then start research. Yes, it's Roswell. My first thought was corporate Angels Network for free air fair, but someone gave me a few other sites to check out too. I always wanted to go to Canada. Maybe we can make this a bit of a vacation too. I love caves, so that is a must! I love you all so much, and just can't believe the love that comes through. You make me smile, cry and just appreciate life so much more...
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´ -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

RhondaH
06-29-2006, 09:25 AM
AWESOME news! I hope you find a donor soon so that you can put THIS behind you and get on to the business at hand...enjoying life. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

al from Canada
06-29-2006, 09:42 AM
That's great, I never knew you wanted to go to Canada but I'm a great tour guide.
Keep fighting,
Al

jener8er
06-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Great News Maryann, we're all pulling for you to beat this and get on with your life - which you are doing! Good for you!

mamacze
06-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Mary Ann!
We are so proud of you! Facing down the demon yet again and home on angel wings huggin your wee ones. If today isn't a reason for a big whoppin piece of chocolate cake(forgive the trans fat just this once RB!!!), I don't know what is...! Welcome back to this world of wonders.
Love Kim from CT

Amy
06-29-2006, 12:41 PM
I am so happy for you!!!! You keep up your great attitude and spirit....you've been an absolute inspiration to us all!!!

Much Love,

Amy

Monique M
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Congratulations!! We are thrilled for you and look forward to hearing more good news!

Peace and Blessings,
Monique

jag
06-29-2006, 02:58 PM
hey hey great to be home....i bet it is...God Bless you....and may good news keep coming.....

IRENE FROM TAMPA
06-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Keep up that great spirit of yours and that beautiful smile that you have, which I can just feel through your postings.

I am so glad everything is going in the right direction for your girl.

sassy
06-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Wonderful, wonderful Maryanne! I know your children (furries included) are so happy to have you home.

Sassy
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Petesmom
06-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Mary Ann,

I am so glad you are home with your family! You remain an inspiration and I am sending hugs and hugs and hugs to you.

Blessings,

petesmom

Cathya
06-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Maryann;

Coming to Canada!!! I would be so happy to have you stay at my home....bring the kids....they can fish right off my shore. I live very near Ottawa so let me know. I am so happy all is going so well. Whenever I feel threatened by this crazy cancer I think of you and know.....there is HOPE!!!!

Cathy

lexigirl
06-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Home sweet home!! I am so very happy for you! You are one tough cookie and I am very proud of you. Stay strong and please keep us posted on your upcoming txs.

Love,
Lexi

Yorkiegirl
06-29-2006, 05:33 PM
MaryAnn, I am so HAPPY to hear that you are FINALLY home. What WONDERFUL news.

Many prayers will continue.

Vicki

Barbara H.
06-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi Maryanne,
You give everyone on this website so much hope. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing so well and are home with your children and your dog. I also hope you do have the opportunity to visit Canada. I was there on my way to Michigan and back. I wish I could have spent more time. It's a great country with a lot to do and see. You have a lot ahead of you and much to look forward to. I hope that you can find a match and have your transplant soon.

Thank you also for your updates. We all care for you!!
Best wishes to you and your family,
Barbara H.

MJo
06-30-2006, 07:59 AM
I am so happy to hear news of your steady recovery. Best wishes to you. I send a pat for the dog and a hug for the kids. Have a wonderful weekend. MJO

chrisy
06-30-2006, 01:15 PM
YAY!!!!!
Enjoy that comfy feeling of being in your own bed, with your own loveys! Nothin better than that. Your platelets are higher than mine!
love chris

Chelee
06-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi MaryAnn, You MADE it home just as planned and sound like your doing pretty good all things considered. In fact your platelets are BETTER then mine. LOL Your on a roll girl...whoo hooo.

I laughed when I heard how happy your dog was to see you. When I was in the hospital for 10 days due to low ANC count...I could NOT wait to get home to see my two kids. (Which are my dogs in this case.) I MISSED them SO MUCH it wasn't funny. But in your case...you have your real kids and your dog. Your dog must of been spinning around in circles and all over you. They are ALWAYS so happy to see you. Don't you just love it. The simple things in life. :)

I am so thrilled to hear your at home with your family and get to sleep in YOUR OWN bed. Now isn't that nice!

I wanted to echo what Ronda already said...I too hope you can find a donor SOON and you can MOVE on and forget about all this.

Hey...have I told you this lately? Your so darned AMAZING! You have a wonderful 4th of July week with your family. You got home just in time...YEAH! I am so happy for you.

May God continue to bless you.

I am sending your warm & healing thoughts.

Chelee

Lolly
06-30-2006, 06:22 PM
WHOOHOO! Home at last! So happy for you, enjoy the weekend and don't even think about not having some ice cream on the 4th!

<3 Lolly

lindaw
06-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Dear maryann

So glad you are home and well. your children must feel so happy and safe.

love
Linda

Bev
06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi Maryanne, Glad things are looking up. Even if I can't lend you the mother-in-law, do let all of us know your concerns. You never know who might know someone who could help you out. BB

AlaskaAngel
07-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Maryann,

Thanks for continuing to chronicle your path through all of this, making sure the path is so well-marked for others who might find themselves in the same "forest"...

Best to you,

A.A.

Sherryg683
07-02-2006, 12:11 PM
You go girl, you always find that silver lining and run with it. You are such an inspiration to me and I am so happy you are doing so much better. I wish I could be closer in location to you, I"d love to meet you and hang out...sherryg683

Audrey
07-02-2006, 07:49 PM
MaryAnn, I'm so happy that you're home in your own bed--I can just picture you lying there with a big smile, your children holding your hands and your dog wagging his tail...cancer really teaches you to enjoy every precious moment.. Have a Happy 4th of July. Thanks for keeping us posted on your remarkable progress.

lisahammo
07-02-2006, 10:28 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS, Maryanne. Way to go girl. I have not been on the site for awhile, so was ecstatic to read your post. I am just so thrilled for you. All those thoughts, prayers and good wishes, and your amazing strength did the trick. Enjoy being at home.

Lots of love
Lisa

rinaina
07-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Welcome home and may you only hear positive news from this day forward. I am sure your dog was thrilled to see you as were your kids. As my family always says and I am sure it is true of you too, Moms are the glue to the family. Continued good news is what I wish for you and keep up that incredible fighting spirit. You have been a true inspiration to so many and made believers out of all of us. Never give up is what I have learned from you.

tousled1
07-03-2006, 06:27 AM
Sure must feel good to be home at last! You have been through so much. Now that you are in remission hopefuly a donor can be found and you can put this behind you. Your children must be extremely excited that you are home. My prayers are with you.

Joe
07-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Maryanne,

Great news, what a way to celebrate the 4th.

Regards
Christine and Joe

Kim in CA
07-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Maryanne,

I am so happy for you. I was hoping to hear good news from you when I finally got back online. Whooo Hooo!

Big Hugs, Kim in CA

Kim in DC
07-05-2006, 03:15 PM
glad to see your counts and spirits rising

Kim in DC