PDA

View Full Version : Must be good scan day

Sherryg683
06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Just had my first set of scans after going into remission 3 months ago. My Oncologist said that the first 7 months would be critical to how I respond being just on Herceptin. All came back clear! Next set of scans 3 months from now. Now I can leave and enjoy my vacation in Florida next week. I have to tell you, I had the anxiety attack from hell the last few days, I was so worried something was going to show up, just had a bad feeling. My Oncologist told me he would slide my results under the door and haul ass if they were bad. (He says that because I told him I was going to go POSTAL if they weren't good..lol). So when he walked in smiling the first thing he said was "I'm here in person", so I knew I could relax instantly..lol...sherryg683

Cathya
06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Sherry;

You are so right...it must be a good scan day....I am going for a couple in the next month so hope it holds. I am so happy to hear your news. God bless

Cathy

tousled1
06-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Always nice to hear good news. Enjoy your vacation in Florida Sherri.

karenann
06-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Sherry,

Your news makes my heart happy and fills me with hope.

Karen

RhondaH
06-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Prayers are being answered. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

sherri
06-20-2006, 08:31 PM
and hope it will be like this for 50 years.

Big hug,

Lolly
06-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Sherry, it's so great to hear your good news also! Your onc is a funny man :)

<3 Lolly

Chelee
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
I am getting a bit overwhelmed tonight with all the good posts I am reading. I am so happy for your Sherry. That is fantastic news...just the kind a person needs so they can TRULY enjoy their vacation. I am so happy for you. :)

Now go have some fun, you deserve it.

Chelee

Ann
06-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Sherry,

Congratulations on your good news. Now go and enjoy your vacation!

lexigirl
06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Great news!! I wish you many more years of great health!!

Lexi

madubois63
06-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Oh Sherri - this is so great to read!!! I wish everyone could have great news!!! Enjoy your vacation and please have an umbrella drink for me...!!!

chrisy
06-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Oh Sherry, that is such great news! It's amazing how creative we can get in controlling the test-anxiety. Glad you have a doc who understands that and rides along on the roller coaster with you! With my last scan I had programmed my mind to NOT THINK about it until the day I saw my onc, then on the day of my appt I let the anxiety start to roll - with it set to peak at 1pm (appt time!). Boy was I surprised when I got there and they told me "your appointment is tommorrow!" That'll teach me to think I'm in control! The next day, much to my relief my scans were good, too. And I felt like I had a renewed license to breathe - literally and figuratively!

Enjoy your vacation - you deserve it!
Chris