PDA

View Full Version : Finshed with test now chemo

Babycat21
06-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Greetings to everyone

I've been busy with doc's and tests it seems everyday it seems like forever. My surgeon did a fine needle aspiration to the left node. Test came back consistent with metastatic poorly differentiated carcinoma, ER/PR Her2/Neu neg.

Had my PET/CT scan turned out very good (just had metastatics to 2 lypmh node). Showed the lump in left breast 3.4 x 3.3 x 4.4 cm. I had two abnormally active lymph nodes in the left axilla, which one is 1.5 x 1.5cm., larger lymh mode is 2.7 x 2.7cm.

I will be seeing my onco tomorrow to dicuss my lab results. I was looking at lab results and my MPV is a little low (Mean Platelet Value) should be between 7.4-10.4 and its 7.0 hopfully it will not be a problem.

Last time I saw my Onco we dicussed Adriamycim (red devil as I heard it was affectionatly called), Carboplantin, and Taxol. My surgeon suggested chemo frist. So I am a little scared about the chemo's side effects. Also I need to ask my Onco about herceptin he said something about year of that. So wondering if it will be given with the other drugs or after the chemo. Anyway chemo will be every two weeks for eight weeks to shink the tumor, then surgery.

Estrogen receptor: Neg
Progesterone receptor: Neg
Her-2/Neu: 3+ Pos
stage 2b
2 lymph nodes
I know this is a a long post but I am wondering about takeing antioxidents, like CoQ10 100mg and others like garlic gel tabs. I ask my Onco about antioxidents and he said that it interferes with chemo treatments, even taking vit c.

I am going to start drinking about 2 pt of carrots juice a day. But was wondering if I could get some feed back about chemo and antioxidents and what other Onco had told anyone else about them. OOHH almost forgot had bone scan and MUGA Onco has has results so prayer that bone scan is clear. Thanks for listening! http://community.breastcancer.org/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hugs and prayers to all
Annette

Estrogen receptor: Neg
Progesterone receptor: Neg
Her-2/Neu: 3+ Pos
stage 2b
2 lymph nodes

tousled1
06-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Annette,

I had neoadjunct chemo (4 rounds A/C and 4 rounds Taxatore). It did it's job and shrunk the tumor.