PDA

View Full Version : had a heart attack recently??

charlotte
06-19-2006, 08:01 PM
well gang....

I switched Onc.Dr's, the other one was talking about a/c for a year.... was not even going to check out my heart at all.... If I wrote down all what he said, it would make a good comedy skit.

Skip to now, I had a 2decho done last week., went in today for the first round of chemo, the new Dr. ( had ordered the 2decho) ,,. and low and behold... he came up to me and said .....have you had a heart attack recently???
I said no, ... and then he told me that my heart was only pumping at 25% and that he thought it was from a heart attack.....

I did remember a few weeks ago , some chest pains , I laid down on the bed, and rested and forgot about it... maybe that was it???

anyway, he changed my chemo all the way around..... that news really shook me up....

I will get the names tommorrow as I have to go back in for some kind of a shot???

never a dull moment over here in my part of the world.. but what I have gone through, pales in comparision to some of the other folks on this board.

will give and update soon , for the next chapter...

charlotte

jener8er
06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi Charlotte, wow what a shock that must have been! Keep us all posted on what they switch you too.

Your story reminded me of once when I got a bone scan - the tech came up to me afterwards and asked me if I had a metal plate in my head!! I really had to think for a minute, but NO, of course I don't have a metal plate in my head! Don't know what they saw, but I never heard about it again!

Keep 'em guessing, I say!

Chelee
06-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Charlotte, Its bad enough to go through so much to try to kill the bc beast...but to get news like you got would of giving me a major shock. Especially since you had no clue that your heart was pumping so low...nor noticed any pains bad enough to run yourself to emergency.

But with chemo...I know I have ALL kinds of weird pains. I NEVER know what to worry about...and what NOT too. I get tight chest pains...but I blow them off to being from the chemo? Or being constipated? I never really know what I should worry about? Its scary at times.

All I can say it my heart really goes out to you. Thats just awful to hear such a thing. Maybe your heart will improve with some time...this chemo is nasty stuff. Its good you didn't stick with that first doctor that wanted to give you a year of "AC". That just is NOT done. That was scary to hear a doctor wanting to give a patient that much "AC". You usually only get 4 rounds of AC...not a year. AC is REALLY hard on the heart.

Keep us updated ok. Let us know what chemo he has changed you too? What kind of shot are they wanting to give you? I really feel for you Charlotte. You hang in there...things WILL get better. Many times they give you a short break and your heart will recover and get better.

I am sending you WARM & HEALING THOUGHTS.

Chelee