PDA

View Full Version : treatment update and tykerb

Patty H
06-16-2006, 04:59 PM
After testing from my radiation showed growth in my lung met and new bone mets, I met with my oncologist today. I had printed out what Joe had sent about compassionate use tykerb. I had already called the number and they were sending me a package to take to my Dr. My package didn't arrive till after I got home from 100 mile round trip. Anyway my Dr. is going to try and get it for me. He said to bring the package as soon as it arrive. It really doesn't have a lot of information for the Dr. He has to call and get all the information. The paper work did say you had to have several test. I am hoping since I had a pet and c-scan and a MRI this month that I won't have to repeat them. They did mention a mugga and I think I have to have a brain MRI. The only drawl back is you have to take xeloda with it and both times I took xeloda I ended up in the hospital. But my Dr. said we would try in on a smaller dose. I am really excited about this. Patty H

al from Canada
06-16-2006, 05:19 PM
That amazing and great work Patty,

Good luck, Al

Lolly
06-17-2006, 09:59 PM
Patty, I'm excited for you too! I really have a good feeling about this drug, and I've been on Xeloda for 2 months now with no side effects, so hope you get the drug in hand SOON and can start this combo with great results!

<3 Lolly

mamacze
06-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Patty,
Thank you for your update on tykerb. Please keep us posted on this new journey as many of us will be following you down this path, I hope the Xeloda in a lower dose will be tolerable; but please let us know. Good luck friend!
Love Kim from CT

Shell
06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Patty - that's great news - keep us posted. I've been on tykerb for almost 2 months (w xeloda), and I'll get re-scanned in aug, so i hope it works!

lolly - 2 months on xeloda and no side effects - you are so lucky and i ope it stays that way with you...

Maggie
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Patty, what terrific news! I am excited for you too and I can't wait to hear how it goes.. Maggie