PDA

View Full Version : lapatinib compassionate use program

Esther
06-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know what the qualification guidelines are for the compassionate use program for Lapatinib?

My onc indicated that it would be available in about 30 days through the comp. use program, and he will check to see if I am eligible for it.

Do I need to be tested to see if I overexpress ErbB2?

I would love to be able to get it, I was starting to look at the clinical trials right when they all closed and was disappointed not to be able to try a clinical trial.

Sandy H
06-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Esther, I am not sure what the qualifications are but my oncologist said he would start the paperwork June 12th for me to get it. I was told it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get it. He said it was not being given with the Herceptin and so I would be stopping it. I think right now it is being used when the Herceptin is no longer working. He went to the big oncology meeting in Atlanta and came back saying he thought I should do Tykerb. I thought he going to add avastin to my Herceptin. I was not prepared with my questions so am confused about how he is going to use it with me. He did not mention the Xeloda being used with it. I have been intending to e-mail him but have been too busy this week with appointments. How are you doing? What are you on for maintenance? hugs, Sandy

Joe
06-13-2006, 06:58 PM
I was told that GSK is trying for a 2 week turnaround.

Regards
Joe

Sandy H
06-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Thanks Joe, my oncologist thought he would have it in two to three weeks. Sandy