PDA

View Full Version : Washington state had the highest incidence rate for female breast cancer in the natio

R.B.
06-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Thought provoking.

RB

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/273391_focusmain11.html

StephN
06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
What happened to Mt. St. Helens and the other things we are supposed to be known for here in the misty woods?
The highest incidence of breast cancer per population used to be in Marin County, California and Long Island, New York. Did those at risk groups move out here?? We have plenty of newcomers of all ages from all over. Why a decent house is sold right away in spite of high prices.

They have plenty of care facilities here, mine is not the only good one.

AlaskaAngel
06-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Even though I happen to be HR+ and HER2+++ and so have at least 2 potential avenues for staving off recurrence, to me the biggest hope in this article is the possibility that there is hope that something broader like p53, will provide a better answer for those who are HR-, especially those who are triple negative.

In terms of the regional high rate for breast cancer, many years ago Seattle established the best Emergency Medical System in the country and is well-known for having done that. I feel that effort in itself came from a community with a high awareness of medical concerns, which also then fostered even more of a strong preventative medicine influence. Expectations for medical care are high there and there is strong support there for that. It is also the hub area for treating Alaskans, as well as a number of Canadians. This raises the count.

Thanks for an interesting article, RB.

AlaskaAngel