PDA

View Full Version : Michele and other Stage IIIb, IIIc and IV patients...

RhondaH
06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
that have been off of Herceptin for a year. Please see my post under Clinical Trials that starts...Lonafarnib

Rhonda

ps...this is a duplicate in the Clinical trial section...sorry

Christine MH-UK
06-09-2006, 02:43 PM
It looks great, but that's a European trial! Which reminds me that http://www.clinicaltrials.gov is a wonderful site for hunting down trials, whether you're in India or Indiana. You can do a search for lapatinib, for example, and put in India or Indiana or wherever you happen to be and find out what is recruiting where you live. It's gotten very international in recent years.

RhondaH
06-09-2006, 02:47 PM
sorry, just trying to help.

Rhonda

Christine MH-UK
06-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Hi Rhonda,

I think that your mistake is understandable because things seem to have changed within the last year. I think that they only used to put U.S.-based trials up, but now they seem to put up trials from all over the place. I think that this is a good thing, since this not only helps the companies that are running the trials recruit patients (clinicaltrials.gov is so much easier to use than even the UK websites listing clinical trials), it also makes sure that the U.S. government knows what trials are going on and which trials should be reporting results out (which matters for drugs because there is a concern that unfavourable trial results may simply never see the light of day).

And, who knows, with all of the people who visit this website from all over the place, maybe someone from the 'low countries' or Germany saw it and found something that could help them.