PDA

View Full Version : Pain in breasts??

brittd01
06-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Hello everybody!

For those of you who don't remember me, my Mom was dx with stage IV bc 3/2004 with spread to her liver, lungs and eventually spine. Because she was stage IV from the beginning, she didn't have a mastectomy. She had silicone implants years ago b/c of disfigurement from having 8 bening lumps removed in her 20's. Anyway, her current tx is 6 to 8 rounds of FEC for one stubborn lymph node that popped up under her breast (all other spots were clear as of last scans in Feb.)

So finally here's my question. Before her last scans, she had these painful little nodules pop up near the surface of her breasts (maybe 4 or 5 and all a little larger than a pea) She also has a deeper pain that seems to move around between her breasts. The scans did not pick up these nodules as cancerous and she also had a clear mammo and u/s last month. Any idea what these nodules and pain could be from? Anyone with a similiar experience? Could it be the silicone? Se went to a dermatologist today and had them biopsied. So please say some prayers that it isn't cancer related.

Much love to you all,
Brittany

Bev
06-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi Brittany,

I did get fleeting pangs in the affected breast during chemo but I don't know what it was. I did have surgery, so it may have been healing. Don't know about the nodules either. Someone will post eventually. Hoping it's benign. Let us know how the path turns out. BB