PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from Joy from colorado?

michele u
06-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I emailed her but did not hear back. I'm worried about her!

RhondaH
06-08-2006, 02:04 AM
I see she checked the boards yesterday (but this may have been prior to your posting).

Rhonda

karenann
06-08-2006, 09:59 AM
I have been wondering about her, too. I did see a while back that she had checked the message board, but did not post.

Karen

Jennifer
06-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Hi, this is Joy's sister, Jennifer. After three years of Herceptin and AI's her tumor marker's started to rise and in late November of last year she began weekly Herceptin, Taxol and Carbo. She had been working two jobs as a breast cancer advocate and raising two little girls, when she began this new treatment she decided to quit her jobs because she was tired of being surrounded by cancer 24/7. She just wanted to focus on her kids and her health. So she also has been on a little break from posting on this site. But we both check in almost everyday and we are very thankful for everyone on this site!!
Her markers are down and her last cat scan show significant shrinkage, especially in the liver. She will hopefully have her last cycle starting in two weeks and then will re scan and go from there.
Thank you for thinking of her and all of your support.
Jennifer

michele u
06-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Jennifer, thank you so much for letting us know how she. That's encouraging that she's seeing shrinkage. Please tell her about the compansionate use of Lapatinib that's starting June 12t. the number to call is 1-888-489-5372 It is oral and she would qualify. Let her know i'm thinking of her!! WE LOVE YOU JOY!!!!!!

Jennifer
06-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Thanks Michelle, I know she is very interested in Lapatanib and thanks for the phone number! Take care, jennifer

al from Canada
06-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Where these threads ended-up is agreat example of why this on-line support group is so important. Thanks again Joe and Christine!
Al