PDA

View Full Version : Clinical trial for PTEN-deficient mets progressing on trastuzumab therapy

AlaskaAngel
05-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Phase I-II Study of Trastuzumab in Combination With RAD001 in Patients With HER-2 Overexpressing, PTEN-Deficient Metastatic Breast Cancer Progressing on Trastuzumab-Based Therapy

This study is currently recruiting patients.
Verified by M.D. Anderson Cancer Center May 2006

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/gui/show/NCT00317720?order=13

CLTann
05-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Alaska Angel,

As I recall, you are a stage 1 no node involvement gal. I follow your trek to Seattle to get treatment, etc.

Today's sad news regarding the leukemia, from over-treatment of chemo, illustrates my consistent position of using as little drastic action as possible. I fear chemo and radiation. Both of these agents, though useful and necessary for most bc patients, can have enormous bad cumulative reaction later on. My best friend died of excess radiation and not from cancer, just to illustrate the point.

Therefore, not all strongest medications are good for all. We must weigh each situation rationally, with cool head, and not emotionally.

Ann

AlaskaAngel
05-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi CLTann.

That is exactly it, CL. It is because I am stage 1 that I want to put forward all possible alternatives for anyone who has fewer choices to consider. I am very chemophobic. For better or worse, I did complete CAF and IMRT rads. I don't think that means I want to influence anyone to do the same, nor do I want to be a hypocrite. I just want to help them see what there is to choose from.

A.A.