PDA

View Full Version : We need to stick together

michele u
05-23-2006, 04:37 PM
After the passing of Lyn and Linda, this website will not be the same. When i first found this website in 2003, they were both so much a part of my life. I had such hope after hearing their stories. I thought, if they could make it, so could i. EVERYONE'S cancer is different. We need to remember that. The loss of our 2 hero's shakes us all to the core. We think, that could be me next. Don't let this get us down as a website family. Don't let this "scare" you away. They both would not want this. We need to stick together now more then ever. Our first thoughts would be to stay OFF this website so we don't get to thinking bad thoughts of ourselves. Let's all put our thoughts ON here for others to understand. I know that Lyn and Linda would want this. I myself will put my thoughts here first. Cancer is not fair. Cancer is the "devil" in disguise. Don't let the "devil" take your spirit. Let's all rise above this and make this a great place to share our thoughts. I love our website family!!

Barbara H.
05-23-2006, 05:23 PM
I agree, Michelle. I feel as if I have lost two good friends. They both beat the odds for so long, and they both gave us so much hope and support. It is difficult to accept thier loss. However, we all know our own situation and where we stand.
For example, at the Dana Farber where I am treated, there seems to be no one who has responded the way I did with only Herceptin. Now I have it a few very small spots in the bones and have had to add Navelbine and Zometa. Again, my nurse and oncologist feel I will be on these drugs until they no longer work, again because they don't have the experience of some of the women who are on this site. I have been able to tell them that there are women in my situation and some have been able to go back to just receiving Herceptin. In this case, this site is a huge support. Just another, example: Due to all the discussion of Omega 3 balance and Omega 6 I am now taking fish oil. There is a wealth of information and support here for all kinds of issues, whether it be informational or emotional. Yes, it is hard to lose our members. Thank goodness Al has decided to stay with us.
Best wishes and thank you to all of you who continue to support this site!!!
Barbara H.

Monique M
05-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Well said Michelle.

Monique

sherri
05-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Thank you Michelle to remind us about our family values. I'm sure also that Linda and Lyn want us to continue living and be brave. I'll walk this summer for 2 days 63 kms to honor our heros Linda and Lyn. I'll write their name on the big flag at the end. We cherish their memories in our heart for ever.

Love and hug,

Sheila
05-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Michelle
You said it perfectly. As hard as it is to lose these 2 wonderful women, their spirits will live on among all who knew them or crossed their paths....they were a vital part of our group....they are still with us as silent partners fighting this dreaded disease. They both beat the odds many times, and that should give us hope. They lived their lives staring this disease right in the face...yes in the end they lost the battle, but not without one hell of a fight....a true example for all of us to follow. They both taught us to have a questioning attitude...never take anything for granted.....we need to continue this fight in their honor...they would have wanted it that way. We lost 2 precious women, but gained a world of knowledge and love from both.

DeborahNC
05-24-2006, 05:18 AM
Thank you Michelle. I will always feel the presence of Lyn and Linda here. They were part of the core group when I first began and they will continue to be so.

RhondaH
05-24-2006, 05:48 AM
Well done Michele.

Rhonda

RobinP
05-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Thanks for your uplifting post Michele. I needed that.

suzan w
05-24-2006, 06:45 AM
Thank you, Michele...you put into words exactly what I was thinking as I read of the passing of these two wonderful women...and in tribute to the many others who have also paved the road we are all on. It is so hard when people we love (even those we only "know" through the internet) pass to the next level of this 'life'. I, too, am grateful that Al will continue to be here with us-to share his wisdom. I hope that Lyn's family will do the same from time to time. Cancer is so hard...

Audrey
05-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks, Michele, I needed that--I was just getting in a funk thinking I don't want to read any more bad news here, it's too hard and painful. But you're absolutely right we all need to stick together here more than ever and keep sharing our stories and research, etc. I am SO PROUD to know you!

tammymarie1971
05-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Michele..You are so right!! We need eachother!!! I feel like I am part of such a big team..and that there is so much info available through all of you!! I sure feel a personal setback with every bit of bad news that goes through here though!!!! I realize that is all part of it...And I feel selfish when I get scared for myself...It's not always about me??????? We are all in this together!!!!
Love & Hugs to you all
Tammy

tricia keegan
05-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Michele thank you for the post and I agree.I don't post too often here but was very saddened at Linda's passing.I read all Lynn's posts and she came across as such a couragous lady,I was away last week on vacation and did'nt know she had passed away until I saw your post here tonight.I logged on to read another of her posts and to see how she was faring and I will miss her a lot as so many other's will.As an early dx member Linda and Lynn's posts never scared me but quite the opposite,they gave me encouragment and hope that as a her2 pos member if ever I get to stage iv(and we live with the fear of recurrance daily)I know from them and all of you that there is still a good life to be had for many years after dx
God bless you Lynn,I'll miss you:)
Tricia

Kim in CA
05-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Thank you so much Michelle. You are right on. Love, Kim

sassy
05-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Michelle,

I agree and learned much from Lyn and Linda. I am very glad that Al will stay on the site and lend his knowledge and support to all of us.

There are so many who are inspirational. The first post I saw when I found this site was your roll call of those who had been on the trial and your post of being NED with positive nodes. I had just found out I was HER2 positive, already knew I had positive nodes, so your post was the one I would go back to and read everytime I hit bottom and panicked. It was bookmarked on my computer for that purpose.

I am truly thankful for this site and all the women and men who post information, support and caring for everyone.

Sassy
________
Wong Amat Tower Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)