PDA

View Full Version : linda update

al from Canada
04-27-2006, 09:44 PM
I am deeply saddened to tell you all that Linda died today in the comfort of her own bedroom on her new 4-poster bed. Linda had been far more comfortable since we brought her home as her breathing had no apnea and was very regular. Around 2 this afternoon, I was holding her hand talking to her when I noticed she failed to take her next breath. Total peace and tranquility and her lips immediately turned into a smile. This was day # 15 since Linda lost consciousness and day# 10 with IV support!

Linda and I had a very close blended family. Linda leaves behind her two children 21 & 20 and my three; 19, 24 and 32 and our little grandaughter, 18 mos.

Linda, true to her giving nature, has donated her eyes to the eye bank for transplant, the one body part a cancer patient can donate. As well, there is a plan in place for further support to our local community hospital. I will elaborate later.

I would like to make two final comments: first, if you or a friend are considering having your final days at home; providing you have a full time support staff and appropriate pain management, it can be a bonding and life altering experience for your family and a very warming and relaxing place for the patient. Second, this support group has given us the courage to fight, look death in the eye and walk away, and in the end, with the strength of all your thoughts and prayers behind us, having the courage to fight, amaze the doctors again and again and finally, remind death that we are not going willingly anymore.

I plan to re-join the group as an active participant when things settle. You may ask why? Because I still have 2 daughters and a grandaughter PLUS, all my friends here in the support group.

not a good day today,
Al

StephN
04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
The above is a quote from my husband upon my sharing this sad news with him. You have our complete sympathy in this exhausting moment of your life, Al.

Home is normally the best place to pass, if, as you say, the appropriate support is there. I feel that Linda knew where she was and that you were by her side as usual.

We ache for you and Linda. Once again I want to thank Joe and Christine for having you and Linda as part of the group in San Antonio last December. It seems like such a short time ago and I can hardly believe what we have been through since that time.

karenann
04-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Al,

Your Linda was beautiful inside and out. I am so truly sorry for your loss. I send my love, hugs and prayers to you and your family, as I know this is a very hard time.

Peace and strength,

Karen

bjj
04-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Al

I am so very sorry to hear about Linda. How kind of you to come and tell us all and to still be able to find it in you at this sad time to offer your advice for anyone considering to spend their final days in their own home. You are so generous at such at sad time.

I am pleased to hear that you intend to re-join the group as an active participant.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

bjj

chrislmelb
04-28-2006, 01:51 AM
Dear Al, so sad to read of Linda's death. I'll be thinking of you and your family. May she rest in peace.
Christine

emmasmom
04-28-2006, 03:42 AM
Dear Al - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. May you be filled with peace. Know that there are so many prayers for you and your family.

Lisa

Sheila
04-28-2006, 04:41 AM
Al
My deepest sympathy to you and the children and your grandaughter in the loss of Linda...she was surrounded with love, and will continue to be in our hearts. I am so glad to hear you will rejoin the board...what a fitting tribute to Linda, and benefit to us all.

saleboat
04-28-2006, 04:59 AM
Dear Al and Family,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Peace,
Jen

kristen
04-28-2006, 05:27 AM
Dear Al,
Most of us didn't get the honor of meeting Linda or you in person, but here we feel very connected through writings and I am so sorry for your loss. I think we all feel a loss too. She was a beautiful woman. You two brought something intangible here, a love that spread across postings, a feeling of the love you two shared and shared with us. Thank you. I pray that the memories and moments of your life together will comfort you as you forge ahead in this difficult time. God Bless.

IRENE FROM TAMPA
04-28-2006, 05:37 AM
Nothing I can type in this post can express how terribly sorry I am to hear about Linda. Your love for each other always came through so strongly in life, as I am sure will continue in your memories of Linda.

Thank you for letting us know even through your time of sadness. My prayers for you and your family.

lu ann
04-28-2006, 05:39 AM
I am deeply sorry for your loss. Lu Ann

DeborahNC
04-28-2006, 05:59 AM
My deepest sympathy for you and your family.

Dalye
04-28-2006, 06:17 AM
Dear Al & Family;

I too want to extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Al, you truly are an inspiration to other family members by showing us that our loved ones are not is this battle alone. When you told us of Linda's passing, with a smile on her face, it should be a reminder to us all that she is starting a new chapter and it is just a pause in the conversation & we will all meet again. God bless you and your family!

love & peace

Eileen

Yorkiegirl
04-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Dear Al & Family,

Please know that my prayers are with you during this time.

I am so very sory for your loss. I am at a loss for words at the moment, but many prayers continue.

Vicki

tousled1
04-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Dear Al,

I am relatively new to this message board but want to extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family. I am truly happy that Linda got to spend her last days at home with a loving family and environment. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rozebud
04-28-2006, 06:47 AM
I just don't know what to say Al, other than I am SO sorry for your loss.

More than any other man I've ever known (and I know I've told you this before), you were more a part of Linda's journey with your knowledge and activism than any man I've even known. I can probably speak for most women on this board (including myself) who have great husbands but were still a little jealous Linda had a great guy like you. She was really blessed, and I know you were too.

This is selfish of me to say, especially since I'm not on as much anymore, but I do hope you come back when you're ready. You've offered us all SO much, and still have so much more.

God bless you my friend. And God hold Linda in love forever.

Becky
04-28-2006, 06:48 AM
Al,

I am deeply sorry for the loss of your beautiful Linda. I am thinking of you and your family constantly. Remember your friends here at Her2. We hope you will be back soon so we can comfort and help you as you have us.

With kindest regards,

Becky

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;
One short sleepe past, we wake eternally,
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

by John Donne (1572-1631)

Lee
04-28-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm glad Linda got to spend her final moments with you, in your home, together. I will keep both of you in my prayers. God bless.

Vi Schorpp
04-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Al, I'm so sorry for your loss. There is nothing else you or your family could have done for Linda. What you did was extraordinary and touching. While there's peace in the promise of everlasting life, it's not much comfort as you're going through this.

My husband died earlier this month on April 9th. We had hospice and family at home and it was a beautiful experience. I described it as gut wrenching and beautiful, but it was life defining, both for me and my daugher and son. Helping someone get through their final journey is a gift -- both to them and to ourselves. We look back with many emotions -- but among these emotions are pride in our ability to help comfort them, and gratitude for the life we shared with them. I look back with no regrets and I'm sure you do too.

My husband and I would have celebrated 32 years of marriage in May. We have two children and two grandchildren. Our 7 year old grandson decided that he could help Pappa by playing guitar for him, so he picked up the guitar and played 3 songs for him. Mind you, he has not had a lick of instruction, so you can imagine the sounds! When I went into the kitchen where the family was I said that maybe Pappa thought he was in heaven with that guitar playing. My sister said, "or, maybe Hell." It was funny, but again, our grandson felt he too could help in the process. I will never forget it.

I pray that you will find comfort in the prayers and messages from everyone on the board.

Tom
04-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Dearest Al and Linda,

You are both my heroes.

God Bless You Always,
Tom

pattyz
04-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Dearest Al,

With heartfelt sympathy on the death of your darling Linda.

pattyz

Kim in CA
04-28-2006, 07:51 AM
My heart goes out to you at this sad time. Just remember, it's not "goodbye", just, "until we meet again".

Love, Kim

Tracy
04-28-2006, 08:25 AM
My heart is aching...so sad to hear of Linda's passing. My prayers are with you and your family.

Andi
04-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Al - I only know of you through your postings, but through those postings and this web site i felt a kind of connection to you. Please accept my sincerest sympathy to you and your family.

PS - I'm glad to hear you will be coming back, I believe you have a lot to offer.

Randi
04-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Al,

May your precious Linda rest in peace among the angels.

Your in my prays.

randi

jener8er
04-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Al, I'm so sorry to hear this from you today, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Linda is at peace now.
Jen

aquinis2000
04-28-2006, 08:56 AM
we struggle for words. may you feel unspoken comfort in this time of sorrow.

Sandy H
04-28-2006, 09:07 AM
I have not even checked my personal e-mail yet as many times I come right to this board. As Steph already said I too thank Christine and Joe for having met you and Linda in San Antonio in Dec. Its pretty over whelming for me to think all that has transpired for both of you since then. Of course, it all started much before San Antonio. You were so sweet to let us know so soon and continue to inspire us despite all that is happening right now. You and your family will stay in our hearts on this board for a long time. I am so happy you said you were going to stay with us here and also feel you can continue to be a part of us. I think some feel once their loved one is gone they can not be a part of us and that is not true. Keep us posted on how you are doing. We all love you and you will continue to be in our prayers. hugs, Sandy

TriciaK
04-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Dear Al, I can only echo all the thoughts of others here, and express my gratitude for "knowing" you and your beautiful Linda. You have given so much to us, even in your pain you have thought of us! We will look forward to you being on the board again when you can. Our thoughts and prayers and tears are with you and will be for a long time. You and Linda will be together again, I bear testimony from my heart that I know that. She will not be far away even now. God bless you, Al, and all your family! Tricia

DianaK
04-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Dear Al and family

I do not post very much-more of a lurker-but I wanted to express my deepest sympathies to you and your family.I have followed your families journey and I am so saddened by this news.You are an amazing husband and should take comfort that you did all you could-til the end.Diana

tammymarie1971
04-28-2006, 09:37 AM
Al...I am so very sorry for your loss!!! May peace surround you and your family.
Tammy

Lani
04-28-2006, 09:48 AM
We are all deeply saddened and wish to console you in whatever way possible. I, for one, wish every woman with this disease could have the support you provided every step of the way. I am sure Linda considered
herself exceptionally blessed in this regard. Every act of kindness helps serves to combat the injustice of the situation. Linda can rest in peace knowing the myriad acts of kindness on your behalf triumphed above and beyond anything negative associated with this disease.

I like to think of the story of JOB. Perhaps it was not JOB who was being tested, but those around him! You, Al, certainly passed with flying colors!

With sincere condolences,
Lani

marymary
04-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Thank you for posting the poem by John Donne. It brought tears to my eyes.

Mary

Julie2
04-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Dear Al,

My heart aches so much from this sad news. I was still hoping for a miracle for Linda yesterday. You tried the best and please come back to this board after everything settles.

Julie

hope
04-28-2006, 10:58 AM
My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family. I'm glad Linda lived life to the fullest and you did everthing in your power to help her. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and look forward for you rejoining the board for your wealth of information. God Bless, Hope

AlaskaAngel
04-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi Al,

Even with all those who are there to help you, if there is a way for strong independent people like you or Linda to be facing this in your own way you have started on that path. Rest often, and may Linda's spirit guide you to brighter, gentler times.

AlaskaAngel

Cynthia
04-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Al,

With profound sadness I offer my sympathy to you and your entire family. It's amazing how a heart can ache so profoundly for someone so far away whom I have never met. Yet this forum has forged such a strong bond among us. Linda's courage and determination were, and always will be, an inspiration to all of us afflicted by this disease. Thank you, Al, for allowing us to know Linda and you. I join the many others in offering you and your family prayers.

Cynthia

anne
04-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Dear Al,

It is with a heavy heart that I read your post. I am glad that Linda was in peace. How unselfishish of you to continue helping people here on the board. My condolences to your family as well.
Anne

jag
04-28-2006, 01:43 PM
AL-YOU DID ALL THAT YOU COULD HUMANLY DO...I AM SADDENED BY THE NEWS...MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...GOD BLESS...

tricia keegan
04-28-2006, 02:07 PM
I too am fairly new here but want to express how sorry I am for all you and your family are going through Al.It must have been very comforting though to see linda pass on so gently smiling surrounded by people she loves in her final days.God bless you all.
Tricia

lindaw
04-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Dear Al

I am so sorry to hear the news about Linda.She will be so missed.

love
linda

Sherryg683
04-28-2006, 03:09 PM
My heart is breaking for you and you are in my prayers. You have been such a wonderful support person for Linda and she was blessed to have you. I know you will see her again in heaven. God bless you and your children...sherryg683

mom22girlz
04-28-2006, 03:20 PM
My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. I am so glad Linda had you with her. Thank you for your bravery in sharing.......... susan

Barbara H.
04-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Dear Al,
I also want to extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family. The two of you have been continuously in my thoughts these past few days, and I share the sentiment of others on this forum. We care and feel so close to you, although we have never formally met. You willingness to continue to be part of our support group brought tears to my eyes. I hope the next few days, weeks, months, years, will be good to you, and that you will find support with your wonderful extended family.
Barbara H.

suzan w
04-28-2006, 04:05 PM
My sympathy to you and your wonderful family. I feel that I have come to know you both through my time here on this board. Linda was lucky to have such a loving supportive husband and you are lucky to have had such a incredible wife and friend.

RobinP
04-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Dear Al,

There are not words to express my sorrow for your loss. I know how dearly you loved Linda through your posts. Linda was very lucky to have someone so smart, so supportive and so dedicated by her side. May God help you to hold onto the promise that you will meet again.....in another time, in better tomorrow, free of all sickness. I pray angels of love are surrounding and supporting you and your family.

With deepest sympathy,
RobinP

juanita
04-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Dear Al and family,

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you now.
Juanita

Robyn
04-28-2006, 05:31 PM
My deepest prayers to you and your Family. Thank you for sharing in her last moments. I have read your posts many many times and have appreciated your advice. Again, I am saddened by this news.

Robyn
xx

michele u
04-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Al, I'm very sorry for your loss. Sitting here thinking daily about a recurrence is hard. After reading how peaceful Linda's death was truly makes it easier for us survivors. The thing i'm mostly afraid of is a painful death. Knowing that it can be peaceful is comforting to me and i'm sure alot of other women. Linda was truly an inspiration to us all. You both fought so hard for time. But we are not in control of our time here on earth. Know that you did all you could....

Jean
04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Al,
I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family. I am so sad to hear the news of Linda's passing. I know she walks with our Lord.

Sincerely,
Jean

sherri
04-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Dear Al,

Thank you for sharing Linda's final moment. I like to say the translation of my favorite poeme for you "Remember the flight, the bird is mortal".

Patty H
04-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I always read your post and always found them interesting and full of information. I feel like you and Linda are someone I know and have lost. It is hard to explain to other people as I mourn your lost, that it is someone I never met but still I felt as I had. My aches for your lost. Patty H

jeff
04-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Dear Al,

I've just come up on your tragic news and want to say only that my heart breaks for you and your family. You've been such a mainstay for so many of us who visit this board and find community here...

There's a word in Yiddish, "mensch" that literally just means "man," but really means a person who always finds a way to do the right, loving, honorable, and selfless thing, no matter what. It means you.

Thanks for being a guide and an inspiration. And know that many of us, all around the world, are grieving with you.

Warmly,
Jeff

VaMoonRise
04-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Dear Al,

We have been so blessed in knowing both you and Linda through your posts. You have been such a wonderful advocate and so inspirational to us all. We can't thank you enough for all that you have brought to this group and I am so glad that you will continue to be a part of this community. Our lives have truly been enriched in knowing Linda's story and she will be forever loved and missed by us all.

I wish I could give you and yours a great big hug. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you find peace and joy in the memories and comfort and healing in time.

Love & Hugs,
Nicola

Sandy H
04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Will try this again as I posted this morning but may have hit the wrong button. My heart goes out to you. As Steph posted earlier I thank Joe and Christine for having known you in San Antonio. I am over whelmed over all that has transpired since that time. It has been a whirl wind for you Al. I am happy to hear you say you will continue to stay with us. I think some feel once their loved one is gone they no longer belong on this board and that is not true. You were so sweet to send us a post so soon with all that you are going through. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I will continue to pray for you and your family as you start your new journey. Sending you a big hug, Sandy

Jackie
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Al,

My deepest symapthy goes our to you and your children at the loss of this dear loved one. Thank you for sharing with us. You are in my prayers.

God Bless,
Jackie

Joe
04-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Al,

Words can not express the sorrow that both Christine and I feel for your loss.
It seems like just yesterday that we all were in San Antonio together.

Deepest Sympathy
Christine and Joe

sassy
04-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Al,

Thank you for sharing Linda's and your life with us. May the love and support of all whose lives you have touched comfort you as you continue your journey.

Sassy
________
Medical marijuana card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Montana
04-28-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about Linda. You had a wonderful life together and you are an inspiration to us all.

Cathya
04-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Al and family;

I am so sorry that this journey ended so sadly for you all. It sounded as if Linda had found peace and I pray you and your family will in time as well.

Cathy

Monique M
04-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Al:

You blessed Linda with your love and support. May God bless you and comfort you during this difficult time. Linda lives on as a hero to all of us.

With deepest sympathy,
Monique Meadows

Bev
04-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Dear Al, I'm crushed. Thank you for sharing. God speed Linda. BB

helenh
04-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Dear Al

I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Helen

jsattaw
04-28-2006, 09:20 PM
Dear Al --

I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers and know words cannot give you the comfort and peace I wish for you all at this time. You and Linda have given so much to this board and I am grateful for all you do - even at this very difficult time you continue to give of yourself. You continue to be an inspiration to me. God bless you and your family.

Jill

mamacze
04-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Dear Sweet Al,
Rock of support. love of Linda's life. Kind hearted, helpful... what a special love you and Linda had....God speed to you and your precious wife Linda...

Love Kim from CT

sarah
04-29-2006, 03:07 AM
Dear Al,
I am so saddened to hear of your loss. Words totally fail me. Like all of us, I had so hoped for a miracle. You and Linda have been so inspiring in your courage, kindness and knowledge. Your love for one another and concern for everyone radiated through your posts and warmed us. Even though we have never met, I cry with you and feel I have lost an exceptional friend. I hug you and all of your family. Thank you for letting us know and I am relieved to read that she didn't suffer. You and Linda are greatly loved by all of us.
sarah

AnnW
04-29-2006, 04:53 AM
To Al and family,

My deepest symphathies upon your loss.
I have been a lurker here for over a year now and only registered today. I am angry! We must stop this damned disease in its tracks.
I will be sending Christine and Joe a donation in memory of Linda today to be used as they seem fit.

AnnW

Maryanne
04-29-2006, 05:58 AM
Please accept my deepest sympathy to you and your family at this time.

Linda could not have had anyone better by her side. I applaude you for your strength, compassion, spirit and love for your wife.

Maryanne

Jane
04-29-2006, 06:13 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family will be in my prayers.

I am relatively new to this board but I know from all of your posts that you were so deeply involved with Linda's care. What a blessing that you had one another through all of this.

Linda sounds like wonderful person and the world is a lesser place without her.

May God bless you during this difficult time -

jane

Mgarr
04-29-2006, 07:15 AM
I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Mary

Amy
04-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Dear Al,

I am so sorry for your loss....Linda was absolutely beautiful. You and your family are in my thougths and prayers. love, Amy

Christine MH-UK
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Dear Al,

I am sorry to hear of Linda's death. I guess alot of people have pointed this out, but you were a model carer and Linda was lucky to have you. I am glad that you will be coming back to the board eventually since you have helped so many people with your knowledge.

Best wishes,
Christine MH

Marlys
04-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Dear Al and family,
My thanks goes out to God for having given Linda to you and you to us. You are such an inspiration to us all. I pray your days ahead will be filled with the peace of knowing you did all you could and that Linda fought the good fight.
Love & prayers,
Marlys

margaret
04-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Dear Al,
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for sharing with us your journey with Linda and with this disease. I'm typing through my tears with condolences for you and your family. This website has provided a great way to feel connected. You have been so generous in sharing your experiences, knowlege and your deep love and care for your wife. You have touched us all and benefitted us tremendously.
Thanks for sharing that a smile appeared right after her last breath. I have this deep belief that at the time of death, there is a great joy and bliss and we return to a tranquil resting place. Thanks for sharing such a touching moment.
Many blessings,
Margaret

Berta
04-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Al: I'm so sorry . My prayers are with you and your family. BERTA

Her2nSue
04-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Dear Al,

So sorry to read your post today. My deepest sympathy to you and your family. It is a blessing that she was able to go peacefully at home in her own bed with you at her side. I had lost my first husband at the age of 27 of cancer and I had always wished that I could have brought him home in his final days. I don't feel there is much warmth in a hospital setting, no matter how much they try.

My prayers are with you and know that Linda will continue to be with you and watching you from above.

Sue

Liz J.
04-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Dear Al & family,

I send my deepest sympathy to you and your family. As others have stated, you will have the peace of knowing that you did all you could and then some. That will help bring you comfort in the days ahead. May God be with you and yours.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

patti
04-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Dear Al and family, I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved Linda. You are all in my thougts and prayers. God Bless. Patti

dberg
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
I thought of you all week as I dug in my garden. I hoped so much that Linda would pull through. Al, you are such a guardian, and I hope you know you did everthing you could.

I am so happy to hear that you will still be with us.

Diane

lexigirl
04-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Dear Al,

Please accept my deepest symmpathy.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

kat in the delta
04-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Dear Al,
I am SO sorry. You have been a kind, helpful soul to Linda during this hard battle. May you and your family have peace always. This life on earth is brief, but precious. I know you being there with her, and the simple act of(touch)by holding her hand helped her more than anything else in this world. I use to wonder if a man would be compassionate to a very sick spouse. Now, through what I have read on this website about you and Linda, I know a man can not only be compassionate,-- but kind, faithful, loving, and strong.
Take care of yourself. WE are all here for You --- so keep in touch. God bless you at this time and always----- Kat

madubois63
04-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Dear Al, I am so sorry to read about Linda's passing. Please know you and your family are in my prayers and Linda is now dancing with the Angels - happy and free from this horrible disease.

R.B.
04-30-2006, 08:35 AM
No words.

I am sure your continued contributions and support will be greatly valued when you feel like returning.

RB

Susan2
04-30-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm fairly new to the board, but have appreciated your postings. I'm so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you through this very difficult time.

BEVIE
04-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Dear Al,
I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you and your family may some comfort in the thoughts and prayers of those that you have both touched.

fourboysmom
04-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Dear Al,
What a giving person you are, as well as Linda. How blessed she was to have you there for her. The smile on her face tells it all. My sympathies to you, friend. Love, Janet in CT

Patricia
04-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Dear Al,
I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
Hugs,
Patricia

Tami
04-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Dear Al - Even in death you and Linda continue to teach and encourage us to push on and to live and die on our own terms. Although I sobbed as I read of Linda's passing, knowing you were holding her hand gave me some peace and I want you to know that you and the kids are all in my prayers. Tami

lisahammo
05-01-2006, 02:12 AM
Dear Al and family

I have been dreading this post, as we all have, and now don't know quite what to say. My heart just aches for you. You both have touched my life deeply all the way over here in Oz, and I hardly know you, but I am hurting as if I have lost my best friend. Al, I really hope you do join us again when you are ready, as your advice is invaluable.

Take care of yourself.

Love Lisa

RhondaH
05-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Al, ever since you posted that you brought Linda home, I have been praying that God bring her home to him peacefully and painlessly, and it sounds like that is what happened. I'm sure her absence has and will continue to be missed, and I understand the need for separation from "us" for a while...you have been SO strong for her and now need YOUR time as well as that with your family. While fighting to survive can take a lot out of the patient, I TOO know that being the caretaker can take a lot out of that person (I think the stress of taking care of my father "aided" in my breast cancer diagnosis), so PLEASE take care of yourself and know that we are here for you as you have been for us. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

MCS
05-01-2006, 08:47 AM
Dear Al and family,

The last time I logged in was to find how Linda was doing. And I knew this other message would be my next one.

Linda was blessed to have you. We are all so thankful to you for all the information on this beastly desease.

I know that all will tell you she's at rest now and feeling good now. It is us that are behind that are amazed at the pain, courage of the victims to breast cancer. It will be lonely for you- no denying that. Take confort on the big family you have to get you thorugh the next months.

My prayers and peace for you, loved ones and friends.

MCS ( Maria)

Helen
05-01-2006, 11:45 AM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Helen

Annemarie
05-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Al,
I want to extend my condolences to you. I cried as I read your touching e-mail. What a partner you had in one another and to think that you will continue her fight moves me. I am so impressed with you devotion, your loyality and both of your courage to put up such a fight. You were in unity until the end.
May God be with you both,
Annemarie

Leslie S
05-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Dear Al,
Like so many others, I wish to express my deepest sympathy to you and your family in the loss of your dear Linda. I hope you can find some peace in knowing that you are loved by all of us. Take care.
Leslie

Shell
05-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Dear Al-

I was so saddened to hear of the loss of Linda. You were such a wonderful caregiver, and the bond you two shared is very special. May you receive comfort and healing during this period. We are all so grateful for all you have shared with us. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Kind regards,
Shell

Barbara2
05-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Dear Al,
I add my name to the long list of people who so admired you and Linda, and now extend our sympathy to you and your families. I know how devoted to Linda you were, and how much you deeply cared for her. There are not words that can describe what you and Linda went through, and now your loss.

God bless you for being the wonderful person you are, and blessings and peace to Linda.

Remembering you in prayer, Barbara

mekasan
05-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Dear Al,
I am fairly new to this site, but I have following your posting. I am sorry for your loss and offer you my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Shannon

jjfromcanada
05-05-2006, 11:06 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I have admired Linda and the way you and she faced the challenge of breast cancer. It has been so inspriring.

My heart goes out to you and the rest of your family.

athena453
05-06-2006, 11:44 AM
So saddened to read this.

In my thoughts and prayers.

Val Pfeiffer
05-06-2006, 04:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Al. Thank you for everything you have done for Linda and for the Her2 community though this board. We will watch for your return...

Val

Ginagce
05-07-2006, 12:16 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. I don't know you beyond reading your postings and being in awe of both you and Linda and your passionate fight. I do however know some of the journey you and she have been on.

I too had the privelege of bringing my husband home with hospice when he was dying of cancer. And I agree, it is a gift.

To this day, the most important thing I have ever done in my life was to be my husband's caregiver. I take great comfort in knowing that he knew how supported and cared for he was and that he was able to die in his own bed, surrounded by those who loved him most.

I hope you too find some comfort in this.

And thank you for sharing the picture of your wife. Quite a beautiful woman.

God bless you and keep you through your journey of grief now.

Ginagce

Stephanie
05-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Al,

Please accept my condolences. I am so sorry.

Stephanie

mts
05-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Al,

Please know I am thinking of you and your family. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to "know" you and Linda through this wonderful website. I like to think that when we die we become the energy of things that surround us...the wind, the warmth of the sun and even the quiet silence of night.

God bless,

Maria

al from Canada
05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Dear chemo angels and friends,

I can't believe the responses and support for my family and myself since Linda's passing. I just want to pass on what we are doing to support BC survivors and their families.

We are donating 6+ portable DVD players plus a library of 60+ (feel good) DVD's to the long-term care oncology wing of out local hospital for patients, caregivers and friends to sign-out.

As well, I am mobilizing some of my clients to contribute to building a "resource centre" at out local hospital for cancer patients and their families. Believe it or not, our local hospital doesn't have one. It is my hope that it will be called the "Linda S. Cancer Resourse centre".

Beating cancer is all about information and I hope that this will be Linda's contribution to the irradication of this evil disease.

Thanks again,
Al

kat in the delta
05-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Al,
The info. center @ hospital sounds wonderful!!!! You are such a good + thoughtful person. God bless you always,kat

Valerie
05-27-2006, 07:38 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Your posts have really helped me, and I know the donation to the hospital will help many other people also.
In my prayers, Valerie

rinaina
05-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Please accept a relatively newbie's heartfelt condolences. What a special family I am glad to have become a little familiar with through postings. May you find comfort in some way through your supportive famiy and friends and know what a difference you and Linda made on this forum.
Rina

BubblesMom
05-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Dear Al,

You replied to one of my very first postings on this board. I remember thinking how kind and considerate you were. All from a few sentences! What a blessing you and Linda were to each other.

Being able to say good-bye to our loved one in the warmth and security of home provides priceless memories for all of the family, forever. When my mother was in the last stages of her fight, my father took care of her at home. She continued to give us directions and guidance as to how the program for her going home celebration should be laid out, what personal affects should be given to whom, etc. Being surrounded by family and the security of her own home bolstered her spirits. To this day, I can smile through my tears at those memories. How thankful I am to have been there with her and share some last laughs and expressions of mutual love and affection.

Al, I take my hat off to men like you and my father who love, honor and cherish in ways that overwhem the heart.

May God heal your heart and continue to provide you with the awesome strength you have continuously displayed.

Sincerely, Denise