PDA

View Full Version : Report from TriciaK

TriciaK
04-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone: I told you I would report on the heart tests I went through at the hospital last week with my new heart doctor. He did an angiogram and an induced stress test. They showed a significant lesion, and so he wants to do another angiogram and put in a stent. At least he doesn't think at this time that he needs to do the angioplasty, but he has put me on a heart monitor. The most revolting development for me is that my oxygen saturation level is down to 85% so I am having to be on oxygen even at this altitude of almost sea level! That is frustrating to me because my goal has been to get my oxygen saturation up to the point where I can go without an oxygen tank to visit kids and grandkids in the mountains, over 6000 feet, where I used to live. I am going to try some things, like extra vitamins and minerals and veggies, omega balances and so on. We have been planning to leave tomorrow to drive our little RV back to S. Carolina to see two granddaughters graduate from college. We had planned to be gone about three weeks but the cardiologist would like to do the stent sooner, so guess we have some decisions to make. At least it is all hopeful, and this doctor wants to do something. I told you about the other cardiologist who has done nothing for 2 years---he was expecting me to die from cancer anyway, I think! So there you have it. If you don't hear from me for a while you will know why! Hugs, Tricia

Cathya
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Tricia;

I am so glad this fellow is going to take action. Perhaps you know of this site but if you go to the Resources area on this site there is a link to a heart site with lots of recommendations for supplements, etc. It might interest you. Take care.

Cathy

TriciaK
04-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Thank you for this info, Cathy. It is really great, and I had not known of it before. There is so much information there for all of us, and I really appreciate your calling it to my attention! Hugs, Tricia

Barbara H.
04-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Tricia,
You certainly have a lot of planning and decisions ahead of you. On the other hand, it is promising to have a doctor who sees a future for you. My thoughts are with you and I hope that all will end up well and you will soon be with your grandchildren.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Sheila
04-29-2006, 05:10 AM
Tricia
It seems like good news that the stent will work, and not nearly as invasive as the surgery could be....I wish the timing was better for you as far as your visit to see grandchildren goes...i know how precious our time is with them! Rest while you travel so you will be strong when the procedure is done and can get back to easy living soon....my thoughts and prayers are with you Tricia!

RhondaH
05-01-2006, 06:51 AM
my prayers will be with you...on your decisions AND your travel plans. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

MCS
05-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Tricia,

It's a step by step. At least this guy is willing to work with you. I hope it continues to be ok for you.

And contratulations on the graduations

XO

MCS ( maria)