PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard From Al

aquinis2000
04-26-2006, 11:12 AM
JUST HEARD FROM AL THIS MORNING.............. HERE IS HIS E-MAIL....

Dear Toni,
Thank you for your kind words and thoughts, things weren't going well at the hospital so we brought Linda home to die. You may post this on the board if you wish.
Take care,
Al

LETS ALL LIFT THEM UP TO THE LORD IN PRAYER. GOD BLESS YOU

CherylS
04-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Yes, indeed. May their hearts be comforted by His presence and His peace.

Vi Schorpp
04-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Al and Linda, I'm so sorry...I've been following your posts and progress. My spouse passed on April 9th at home. It was his wish to be at home and we thought we'd do this for him as long as we could. It was a very emotional experience, very gut wrenching and beautiful -- but I can tell you that I would do it again without a doubt. We had hospice for 11 days, and that was a godsend...I pray for peace for you and Linda. I know this is hard.

DeborahNC
04-26-2006, 12:00 PM
My heart goes out to you Al and Linda.

tricia keegan
04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm so sorry.God bless you both and help you ans Linda through this awful time.Praying for you.
Love
Tricia

Lee
04-26-2006, 12:12 PM
I hope your memories of Linda bring you some measure of happiness and peace. God blessings to both of you.

Lolly
04-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Dear Al and Linda; I don't have a religious affiliation but am a spiritual person, and in that spirit offer a prayer for Linda:

"Hush! my dear, lie still and slumber,

Holy angels guard thy bed!

Heavenly blessing without number

Gently falling on thy head."

Issac Watts - Divine Songs

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers
<3 Lolly

Becky
04-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Dear Al

As always, you are in my thoughts. I wish there was more I could do for you and your family. If you need anything at all, please contact me.

Kind regards

Becky

saleboat
04-26-2006, 01:00 PM
Dear Al,

I wish I had words to bring you comfort, but I doubt they exist. I wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you, Linda and your family. I wish you all peace during this time, and marvel at all that you've done to lessen Linda's burdens.

Jen

Barbara H.
04-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Words cannot express the sadness I feel for the two of you. You have shared so much of your life, hopes, dreams, and helped so many people who visit this site. I feel as if I know you, although we have never met. The two of you will continue to be in my thoughts.
Barbara H.

Julie2
04-26-2006, 01:34 PM
I am feeling very sad as I know you since I started coming on this board and I prayed so much that Linda should become normal. I am really sorry for you Al, you tried so much. I wish all the best to you and Linda and the family.

Julie

Tom
04-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Dearest Al and Linda,

May God give you comfort and peace on the journey you are about to experience. Al, you have been such an incredible inspiration to me as you cared for Linda, and fought alongside her each step of the way.

Linda, wherever you are at this moment, I find myself envious of you, as you are about to experience the greatest mystery of life, and receive the gift that God has promised for all of us. Be calm on your journey to the stars, and enjoy your much-deserved rest when you arrive at your destination. You will continue to comfort Al and all of us as a true angel of God. May you feel all of our prayers and warmth as you make the transition to a world with neither pain nor fear, only the peace of everlasting love and light.

God Bless and keep both of you. I wish we could be by your side....

Love to both of you,
Tom and Mom

suzan w
04-26-2006, 02:04 PM
peace to you both

Montana
04-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I am crying for you Al and Linda. Love to you both.

Tracy
04-26-2006, 02:13 PM
You are both in my prayers.

Cathya
04-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Al;

You have been a source of strength, information and dedication to Linda and by that a light to all of us who share Linda's journey to whatever end. I will be praying for you and Linda and your family. How wonderful of you to take Linda hope to be a peace there with her loved ones around her. God bless.

Cathy

Sandy H
04-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Al it is so hard to believe that so much has happened to you and Linda since I saw you Dec. in San Antonio. You were both in my prayers and I prayed for a miracle of healing for Linda and I am really sad that it didn't happen. You did all you could for her, fought for the best treatment, did research, gave her comfort, was an inspiration to her. May you heal from precious memories as you move on into a new journey. Sending you a big hug and many, many prayers. The Bible says in St. John 14:3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. Just think a mansion and no pain or tears, this body gone forever. Sandy

Andi
04-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Al and Linda - my prayers are with you - may you find comfort in the Lord.

sassy
04-26-2006, 04:04 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sassy
________
KatVonTease cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/KatVonTease)

Sheila
04-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Al and Linda
I am so saddened by this news. May You and Linda feel the love and warmth of all of us who have come to feel so close to you both even though we've never met. You are in my prayers.

karenann
04-26-2006, 05:26 PM
God bless both of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love and hugs,

Karen

Liz J.
04-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Dear Al,

My prayers and thoughts are with you, Linda and your family. I don't know you or Linda personally, but as we are all in this together there is a sense of family. I pray that Linda does not suffer too much and that God gives you and your family and other loved ones the strength to carry on. I will continue to pray for all of you.

God Bless.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

eric
04-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Al, I can't tell you how sorry I am for you, Linda and your families. Please know that you are in many thoughts and orayers. Please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do to help you through this.

Eric

chrislmelb
04-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Al, I am really saddened to read your post this morning. I will be thinking of you, Linda and families.
Christine

janet/FL
04-26-2006, 06:23 PM
My love and prayers for you and your family. You and Linda have been such a source of information and support.
My husband and I are wishing you the best at this troubled time.
Janet

Yorkiegirl
04-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Many prayers going out for Al and Linda. May God wrap his arms around you and bring you comfort during this most difficult time.

Vicki

jener8er
04-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Thinking of you all at this time... so sorry just doesn't even cut it...

{{HUGS}}

TriciaK
04-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Al, there isn't really anything to add to all these loving comments, except to say my heart, too, goes out to you. You both have truly "fought the good fight and finished the course". You have been such an inspiration to all of us, even in this saddest of times. Our thoughts and prayers and tears are with you. I hope that sometime in the future we can hear how things are going for you, Al. God bless you both. I absolutely believe you will be together again on the other side. My daughter had a long out-of-body experience and saw that other side in great detail, and her experiences have brought all our family great comfort. With love and deepest sympathy, Tricia

al from Canada
04-26-2006, 07:19 PM
Thank you all for your prayers, kind words and well-wishes. It has been 2 weeks since Linda has become "non-responsive" and 8 days since we have had to remove IV fluids due to fluid build-up in the lungs. I will journal Linda's journey at a later date however...as in life, Linda's end journey defies all predictions and odds. I have tried to make some sense of this and can only conclude that Linda wants to spend as much time with us as she can. When the time comes, my feeling is that; for what ever reason, my angel is going back to the nest for a far greater and more important purpose. I can only support her to the end and ensure her passage is in good company.

Al

StephN
04-26-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks for taking a moment to put in a word or two, Al.
You know how we truly feel toward Linda and you.
And, having met Linda just at the beginning of this last battle, I know how much spunky pride she had and how much you two supported each other even in so many unspoken ways.
Your report of Linda's ability to hang on just confirms how healthy she was otherwise then the cancer.
Go through all the processes associated with the passing of a loved one knowing you are far from alone in this.

CLTann
04-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Another shining star who fought with her best. Our prayer for both of you.

Ann

Audrey
04-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Al, keeping you and Linda in my prayers tonight. Peace be with you both...

Barbara2
04-26-2006, 08:22 PM
May God comfort you both. May you feel his guidance, strength and presence during this very difficult time. Many prayers are being said for you. God bless......

Barbara

emmasmom
04-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Al & Linda - You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Lisa

Lisa
04-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Al,

I am truly speechless. The information literally took my breath away. There is no rhyme or reason for any of this.

Mel and I can't begin to know how you feel, but we can share in your sorrow. Hold Linda tight and feel her immense love for you.

Please give Mel a call when you need to talk.

Love and light,

Lisa and Mel

sherri
04-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Dear Al,

I don't know what to say, we are so sad. Please kiss Linda for me and tell her she is in our heart forever and we will meet in a better place. I wish you peace and think about you and Linda.

Rozebud
04-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Al, my heart breaks for you reading this. May God's loving arms welcome Linda into her eternal resting place, and lovingly embrace you and give you peace during this time. Rose

kristen
04-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Dear Al and Linda,
I am so sorry. I never thought it would come to this. I will pray that Linda is comfortable and crosses easily to her Makers' Kingdom and I will also pray for you and your family.
God Bless, Al.

jhandley
04-26-2006, 11:10 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Linda on this final part of the journey. Just remember that "death ends a life but not a relationship".

Jackie

Lyn
04-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Al, I was so saddened when I read your post, this is a Shi@#$y Disease and it sucks, and never discriminates and will never be accepted. You both fought very hard and gave us your knowledge along the way, for which we are all grateful, it is not you or Linda, it is Linda's body that just can't take anymore, both your love and devotion is stronger than any earthly being and I hope peace will find you both.

Love always Lyn

bjj
04-27-2006, 03:39 AM
Al

I am not good with words but I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and Linda very much.

Love

bjj xx

RobinP
04-27-2006, 06:37 AM
Al, I am so sorry about Linda. I am praying that God and His angels surround you and Linda. I am persuaded that He is able to sustain you both, giving you hope now and eternally.

Many prayers,

RobinP

Kim in CA
04-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Dear Al,

You have been Linda's rock and a huge support for us all. Just wish there was more we could do for you right now. My love and prayers to you both.

Love Kim

lu ann
04-27-2006, 09:32 AM
You are in my prayers. Lu Ann

Demack
04-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Al and Linda, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
May god hold you in his arms and give you peace.
Debbie

Marlys
04-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Al,
Linda will be the first to pass since I joined this board. My heart is weeping for you. I pray that God will provide you with comfort and peace as you go through this trying time.
All my love & prayers for you both.
Marlys

anne
04-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Dear Al and Linda,

I too am very saddend to here the news. You are both much loved and respected on this board. I wish you all the strength and courage to get through this difficult time. I think as a caregiver, you have left no stone unturned. I hope that will comfort you and your family.
Love,
Anne

jag
04-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Al---as With All Here....i Send My Prayer For You And Your Wife Linda....im Sorry....god Bless You And Your Family....

jjfromcanada
04-27-2006, 01:11 PM
I have not been on this site for a while and was so saddened to read about Linda. My thoughts are with you both.

Amy
04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Al and Linda,

I haven't been on the site lately....I am so sorry to hear of the news.
My thougths and prayers are with you....Love, Amy

Christine MH-UK
04-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Al,

I have always been impressed by how much you have done for Linda and how hard you have worked to ensure that she has the best care. I am sure that you will make Linda's remaining time as good as possible and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes,

Christine

Tami
04-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Al i am so very sorry - you and lInda are in my prayers as you both continue down this path. As hard as I try to make sense of this disease and why this is happening I just don't get it - never have, never will. May you both find peace and comfort and feel the love from everyone on this website. Tami

Monique M
04-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Al:
I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

God bless you and Linda

Jean
04-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Al,
I am truly sorry to hear this news.....it fills me with a deep sadness...
I will say a prayer for both you and Linda...and your family...God Bless.

Jean