PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin approved by TGA for early stage in Oz

chrislmelb
04-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Saw my onc and he told me just before. He is very much up with that stuff. That is the first step and then it needs to be approved by PBS to get it at a good cost. Now it is approved by TGA i don't think it will affect the current cost but it the first step in the right direction. Yahoo!!!
I have always felt funny about getting FEC being HER-2. I said today to my onc that i felt because he never had a proper copy of my path report when i first saw him, that i should have got A/C and Taxol. He said that they didn't really take HER-2 into consideration then and they gave that combo to ER- patients and FEC to ER+. So apparently the E was the important one to get. Well at least i got that off my chest after so long.
Had a MUGA and my EF is on the way down. 68,62,58 so they will keep a close eye on it. Lets hope i don't get kicked off it beacuse i don't know the rules of the trial. They might say that i am off the trial if i have to stop. We will see.
Take care
Christine
PS My onc, Michael Green, is off to ASCO in 6 weeks so if you are there and see him, say Hi as he is very nice.