PDA

View Full Version : Side Effects: Rash on face?

syncmaster174v
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Today is my first day on this website. I wonder if anyone has experienced a rash on the face as a result of Herceptin infusions. I had a loading dose 3 weeks ago and then a double dose two weeks ago. The rash is itchy and it slightly burns.

Chelee
04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
I have been on the herceptin and so far no rashes. I do get a red face and it DOES get hot...but that is due to the pre-med "Decadron". At first I thought it WAS the herceptin after my first loading dose...but then I noticed when I just had my weekly herceptin and NO decadron...it never happened. But that being said...I think I did read that herceptin can cause rashes. Make sure you show your oncologist...they usually have sometime to take care of just about any side affects you have to anything it seems. Good luck to you. Hang in there.

Chelee
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
StageIIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr Positive, Richardson scale 9 of 9, node positive.

emmasmom
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I am on weekly doeses of Taxol and Herceptin and I have a very itchy rash on my legs. It burns when I take a shower. My doctor told me it was from the Taxol. Unfortunately it seems to be a normal side effect.

Jeanette
04-19-2006, 08:17 PM
My oncology nurses tell me the rednes is the Herceptin flush.I get it once in a while

Monique M
04-21-2006, 06:16 PM
I get a red raised rash on my neck and a rash on my back. I have to take Benadryl before receiving my herceptin and then that evening.

Peace and Blessings,
Monique