PDA

View Full Version : To Lolly

IRENE FROM TAMPA
04-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Hi Lolly

Again I want to thank you for all of your help.

Just wanted to update you on my latest decision. I called a meeting again with my oncologist and we discussed the combo of TAXOL/CARBOPLATIN/HERCEPTIN.

I took a little Taxal back in 1999, have never taken Carboplatin and have been off of Hercepting since last year. We thought we would give this combo a try before my deciding to get into a trial. There is a trial in Gainsville, Fl not far from me, which I am pretty sure I would qualify for, but I have to be on Herceptin with or without another drug, and then actually fail on it before I can be accepted. So I figured I will try this combo and if it works for a while, great and if not I can try to get into the trial.

I hope I made the right decision. I am going for a Muga in about 1 hour to see if that's ok and if so, will start on Friday.

Again thanks a mil for your help and research. Will keep you advised on progress.

IRENE FROM TAMPA
04-19-2006, 03:49 AM
Sorry, failed to mention that the trial I was referring to is Herceptin/Lapatinib.
So want to definately keep that option open.

mts
04-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi Irene-

There is also a cancer research center in Lakeland- ex-Moffitt docs- that in my experience also provide many trials...
Lakeland Regional Cancer Center
863-603-6565

Maria

Lolly
04-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Hi Irene,

This sounds like an excellent plan, and then you have the backup of the Herceptin/Lapatinib trial if you need it. Very good!

Thanks for the update, and good luck on the Muga :)

<3 Lolly