PDA

View Full Version : kmsMi is new to her2

kmsMi
04-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Hi all,
I have been reading here and find you are a wealth of information. I had not heard much on recovery rates for Her2 positive bc. I start chemo tomorrow and I am a bit scared.

Cathya
04-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi to you too. What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this.....lol. Sorry about the silly attempt at humour. It's ok to be nervous....we all are but just remember that with herceptin available to us the old survival numbers are out the window.

Cathy

Joe
04-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Welcome to our support group. Believe it or no you do share something in common with everyone here including myself. We all were first time users at one time or another.

Herceptin has only been FDA approved since 1998. My wife Christine received her first Herceptin in September of 1999. She is currently NED.

You can read hers and other success stories on our stories page:
http://www.her2support.org/stories.html

You may want enroll in Genentech's RegistHer program. They are amassing data from hundreds of patients for long term studies which will provide answers to your questions. But data will not be released for several years.

Well wishes,
Joe

Sheila
04-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Welcome

You have come to the right place for a world of information, love and understanding....there is always someone here that has "been through it before" no matter what you are facing....and what encouragement to see the many long term survivors here.....there truly is life after breast cancer, and during it! Ask anything...we are here to help each other!