PDA

View Full Version : the accurian Lapatinib trials

michele u
04-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I filled out the requirments for the trials and got a phone call from them that they stopped the trials. Does anyone know where we can call and see if they are taking anyone new to the trials somewhere? Until it is FDA approved i don't think we can get it? Does anyone know any different? The trials were stopped due to good response, but now where do we look to get it? I did email my cousin that is a regional drug rep in Arizona and he forwarded my email to their research dept.

Cathya
04-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Michele;

I was wondering if your cousin could help Lyn get the drug if she felt it would help. I know that certain drugs are available in countries where they haven't been approved under the "research" option. This is likely how anyone else in need also might be able to get the drug.

Cathy

michele u
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM
i don't think he can help, but i hope her onc's can push for compassionate use. I know my onc got my friend Abraxane that way.

Cathya
04-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Michele; I have to remember that, thank you. I shouldn't have asked about your cousin in any case...sorry. I am also so afraid that these drugs will be forever before they are available in Canada.

Cathy