PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Kind

penelope
04-08-2006, 09:32 AM
I know that this is not necessarily a reonstruction board but I was hoping that someone on here might has some info.
Looks like I am being forced to use Dr. Kind. Posting one last time for anyone who has any first hand experience or knows of someone who has used him and had good results. I am going for diep. I tried for it in NOLA but was denied.

Yes I know I could fight for NOLA, but I am already fighting my insurance company for Herceptin, and paying the bills from my first surgery. I also own a 3 year old house and am fighting my home builder, KB, because they built a crappy house and it leaks like a sive. Just can't take on another thing.

Anyone have any info on him?
Thanks

Unregistered
04-10-2006, 04:09 AM
Penelope,

Would you tell me where you are based, and where does Dr. Kind practice? Also, what is your insurance?

Sorry that you are going through so much.

Thoughts with you.....

penelope
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
I am located in and around San Fran, CA. Dr. Kind is also here. I have Pacificare HMO...pains in the asses they are.

Unregistered
04-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Penelope, I did a Her2 search for old posts & came up with this. Sorry it doesn't invole Dr. Kind, but the additional info on other doctors might be of help to you.

I was about to google Dr. Kind, but I realized I never got his/her first name.

I had a friend done implants with a surgeon that was partnered with Loren E. Sorry I'm unable to remember the spelling of Loren's last name & the first name of her office partner, but I do recall that it was Dr. Young (female). My friend was pleased with her surgery results. Her reconstruction surgery took place at St. Mary's Hospital in San Francisco, but Dr. Young & Dr. E are based in a separate office, I can't remember where.... Either SF or Pal Alto?

I hope that your insurance can give you more selections for plastic surgery, instead of just Dr. Kind alone.

I have attached a copy of the old posts in our Her2 forum. Read below.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HER2 Support Group Forums> her2group

"Looking for PS in San Fran"

03-17-2006, 08:14 AM #1

Unregister

Looking for PS in San Fran

I am looking for a PS in San Fran that does DIEP or GAP? Specifically does anyone have infor or experience with Dr. Kind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
03-17-2006, 05:04 PM #2

Lani

Bay area plastic surgeons

If it has to be SF--Loren Eskenazi (female, wrote book with "aphrodite" in title
(Google it?)

But I would look into going to Redwood City--Burt Brent MD is considered a Genius by many plastic surgeons--when he was at Stanford, put "new ear" on J.Paul Getty's grandson who had his ear cut off by kidnappers.When I looked him up on Google, I found other plastic surgeons quoted as saying he was what inspired them to go into plastic surgery

I saw one of his reconstructions almost 30 years ago when I believe he worked at Stanford--he even reconstructed "Montgomery glands" the little dots around the edge of the areola (border between the pigmented and unpigmented area ) with tiny bits of cartilage from behind the ear) The appearance of the breast was superb--and this was before all the recent work on different flaps

In Palo Alto--Vincent Lepore or Seung Kim

I would vote Brent #1 by far--haven't seen the others' work on breasts--just know their reputations

Hope this helps!