PDA

View Full Version : First time for Procrit?

Chelee
04-07-2006, 11:27 PM
I had a slightly low red blood count this week and was given my first shot of Procrit. Has anyone had that before? I was warned that Neulasta could cause bone pain...but I was lucky with that as I had none. (Knock on wood) But today I had the Procrit and NOW I ache. My upper arms hurt and my body aches in different places. I havent seen anyone post about Procrit causes these problems. Maybe its just me?

Chelee
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Am I the only one that has a shot of Procrit? This is the day after my shot and I still ache all over...I didn't at all until I had the shot. Plus I have felt nauseated. But I DID read that can happen with the Procrit.
Plus I have a pain on the right side right under where my breast use to be...and on the other side in same place?
I also noticed it hurts REALLY bad were my port is in my upper arm? That kind of bothers me. Not sure why after a shot of Procrit that would hurt? Its just aches? If it wasn't the weekend...I would call my infusion nurse. I must be the only one with this experience.

karenann
04-08-2006, 05:24 PM
I had procrit once and I don't remember having that reaction. I do know that when I had my last AC and got my neulasta shot I had horrific bone pain.

Karen

Barbara H.
04-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Hi Chelee,
I had Procrit two weeks ago due to low red blood levels from Navelbine. I also ached for a week. I don't know if it was from the Navelbine or the Procrit. I seem to be sensitive to all these drugs. It does make sense that we would feel it in the bones because it is inducing the marrow to create more red blood cells.
I hope that you have less of a reaction if you need it again.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

tousled1
04-09-2006, 04:56 AM
I get Procrit every week and do not have any bone/joint pain from it. It is given to bring up your red blood cells counts. I also get a shot of neulasta the day after chemo which is to bring up the white blood cell counts. I do experience some mild bone/joint pain from the neulasta. My first round of chemo the oncologist didn't know that my counts were going to drop so far so fast and I had to get a series of neupogen (spelling??) shots -- now those shots gave me severe bone/joint pain. Perhaps it's not the procrit but the chemo that you are receiving that is giving you the pain.