PDA

View Full Version : Any guesses on Stage 4 statistics for HER2 women with Herceptin treatment?

julierene
02-07-2006, 08:58 PM
Any guesses on Stage 4 statistics for HER2 women with Herceptin treatment? I know we all know the dreaded 16% number, but that's old. Any guesses on how Herceptin has affected this for us in this subgroup of HER2+++?

Helle
02-10-2006, 03:23 AM
Hey.

I am now 40 years, got bc. stage 4, 3+++ for 8 1/2 years since.I have recieved Herceptine for now 6 years and it still work for me, but I have to combinate with cemo.

Take care

Helle

Karen t
02-10-2006, 11:22 AM
I am 3+++, first diagnosed 4 yrs ago;upon discovery of mets to sternum and lungs 18 mos ago, started weekly Herceptin/Navelbine; stopped Navelbine after 6 mos and mets came right back despite continuing weekly Herceptin. Had radiation, then back on weekly Herceptin/Navelbine. Total time on weekly Herceptin is now 18 mos. Got latest CT results this week - condition stabilized; will remain on weekly Herceptin/Navelbine. Onc says to consider this as chronic illness.

Gina
02-18-2006, 09:13 PM
ER- PR- Her-2 +++, use herceptin alone with diet and supplemental regimen...so some of us are WAY outside what was ever expected--given our original DX. Now it seems the more her-2 positive you are, all things being equal, the better the Herceptin may work for you....

There are lots of Stage 4 folks still kickin and actually doing well 6+ years out on this board...many are NED now.

Hope this encourages some of you,
Gina

Toril
02-20-2006, 10:32 AM
You may want to have a look at this thread, posted on the "Clinical trials".

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18762

Toril