PDA

View Full Version : Board of Advisors - Dr. Eric Winer

Joe
01-28-2006, 11:03 AM
The HER2 Support Group is proud to announce that Dr. Eric Winer of The Dana Farber Cancer Institue has accepted our invitation to serve on or Medical Advisory Board.

Dr. Winer is a prominent breast cancer researcher and is currently conducting clinical trials of treating brain tumors with Tykerb (Lapatinib)

For more information about Dr. Winer go to:

http://www.dfci.harvard.edu/abo/danafarber/detail.asp?personID=237&group=%28Clinician+and+Researcher%29

The willingness of Dr. Winer and others to volunteer their time is testimony to all of our hard work in creating and maintaining our organization.
I thank you all.

Hugs
Christine H. Druther MSPH
Executive Director
HER2 Support Group

With Dr. Eric Winer in San Antonio, December 2005

http://www.her2support.org/winer.jpg

StephN
01-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey Joe & Chris - that a coup!
Dr. Winer sure seemed interested in meeting all of us at that Genentech reception and was very approachable to talk with. That gave me a good feeling about him - that he cares for the patient and not just gathering glory for himself with his work.
He told me that there is a ways to go with the Lapatinib (Tykerb) trial, but seemed to zero in on me when I said I had brain mets. Made me feel that if I should need to consult with him he would be there.

AlaskaAngel
01-28-2006, 12:22 PM
As an Alaskan living in a somewhat rural area I appreciate having had the opportunity to participate as a member of the audience on a recent worldwide telephone conference offered by Cancercare where Dr. Winer spoke. The information from that was encouraging to me, but equally so was the human voice and the words spontaneously spoken. Thank you for continuing to build bridges across the miles, Christine and Joe. And thank you Dr. Winer.

AlaskaAngel

michele u
01-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Joe, is he going to except email questions from us?

al from Canada
01-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Thank you Dr. Winer for joining our remarkable group!!! And, thank you Christine and Joe for creating a place for all of us that fosters a level of interaction that is attracting "the best of the best"!! One question I do have for Joe and Chris....what are the chances of getting Dr. Winer in a 1 hour moderated chat on targetted therapies. I would suggest changing the format so we have an audio link to a call-in webcast, and as well offer my teckie contacts to (technologically) make this so.
Congrats,
Al

RhondaH
01-29-2006, 04:28 AM
why THIS IS THE BEST WEBSITE!!!! Thank you Joe and Christine AND thank you Dr. Winer for working with us.

Rhonda

Joe
01-29-2006, 07:20 AM
We are currently in negotiations with a large telecommunications provider to provide teleconferencing services to our group.

When this service is available, we will be inviting selected guests to participate in these conferences, perhaps on a monthly basis.

Warmest Regards
Joe

al from Canada
01-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks Joe and Chris,
You guys are amazing!!
Al

StephN
01-29-2006, 04:24 PM
-- always at least a couple of steps ahead of whatever we can think up!!

Unregistered
01-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Wow, Joe I am impressed and I think this is a positive move for the progress and sucess of Her2support. It certainly seems that your presence at the SABC really paid off this year as I know you and others at Her2support, including Steph, had the opportunity to impress upon Dr. Winer the importance of Her2support.

Warmest regards,
RobinP