PDA

View Full Version : To Xeloda buddies, perhaps Amy / Cathy?...

jojo
01-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Sometime in the last autumn there was a thread covering some ladies experiencing Xeloda due to mets or recurrences. It has been a few months now that we're into the new year. I would like to check in with you girls. I apologize if I directed and overlooked some girls -- I just can't remember whom.

So, are you still on Xeloda, how much milligrams, and what results did you get? I hope that side effects haven't been a big deal in your cases.

I started out on 2,500 milligrams per day; 2 weeks 1 week off. Over time my mets have seemed to be 'stable', although the dosage has increased a few times. Now it's 3,300 mg per day, still 2 weeks 1 week off. Hand/Foot syndrome noticeable, a little uncomfortable, but tolerable for the time being.

What about you ladies?

Sending best wishes of good health your way! :-)

Unregistered
01-23-2006, 05:46 PM
jojo,
I am finishing my sixth round of Xeloda/Temodar tonight. My scedule is: Xeloda - 2000mg per day in two divided doses of 1000mg. for two weeks. (concurrently, 250mgs of Temodar for one week) Then TWO weeks off.

I have also taken 200mg of B-6 a day, since beginning this combo and lotion my feet at night/socks as a 'preventative'.

I have not had any side effects of note. Yes, my energy seems to go near zero at times, but rebounds quickly. And that's it.

My next MRi will be on Thurs. My two prior films showed nearly identical near 50% shrinkage of my brain mets.

So, my question is why are you increasing your dosage, when the lower doses have proven just as effective (if it's going to be effective at all) BUT without the side effects??

give yourself a break, hon!
many hugs,
patty xoxoxo

clisa
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Hi Jojo;

I am just completing my third round of xeloda today. Daily dosage of 3000 mg a day 2 weeks on , one weeks off for liver mets.

No side effects - feeling great actually except for a bad stomach the first two sessions which was resolved with a daily dose of losec.

Will have an ultrasound on thursday to take a look at my progess - my liver mets were discovered at the same time as my breast tumour - a mere week apart so still no surgery just trying to get control of my mets first.

I have high hopes placed on my ultrasound as hercetpin, taxol, carboplatin and AC regimens have not been successful. Wish me luck.

Lisa

Shell
01-27-2006, 06:54 AM
I'm finishing my 10th cycle of xeloda, with 2 breaks in between. i didn't see this post until now, and just posted a question regarding xeloda effectiveness. i started out at 2500 m/2 (since dosage is based on weight, it's so hard to know what people's basic dose is - for me that translated to 4300 mg/day). After 2 cycles, extensive side effects, and dosage was reduced by 25%, which is where it remains today. i'm in the clinical trial of xeloda, with or without lapatinib, in the arm without lapatinib. side effects mostly down to h/f issues...

Shell