PDA

View Full Version : talk about adjuvant lapatinib trial

michele u
11-22-2005, 08:00 PM
i came across a article that says NCCTG and North American Breast intergroup are talking about a adjuvant trial for lapatinib. I emailed both groups and will let you know what they say. this is an oral med targeting Her1 and Her2. It must be getting good results or they would not be talking a trial!!!

anne
11-23-2005, 09:04 AM
How exciting Michele. Please keep us posted. This might be great for a little extra insurance.

Hugs,
Anne

StephN
11-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Michele -
I just emailed my med onc about this drug last week. He says no one here is getting it outside of investigational studies.
Maybe we will find out more about the trials you mention in San Antonio. I certainly will be keeping my ears open.
Once again, that would knock those of us who are past adjuvent treatment out of the trial. I wish there would be an arm for those with brain mets. Seems like that is where the most good would be done.

Barbara H.
11-23-2005, 01:05 PM
I asked my oncologist about it because my brain met has reoccurred. I told me that the trial at the Dana Farber has closed. Hopefully, it will be approved soon.
Barbara H.

Sandy H
11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
I asked my oncologist about it a few months ago and he said he could not give it to me for the same reason that Steph said. He is watching it. I will be checking on this in San Antonio. I did not fit into any of the trials. hugs, Sandy