PDA

View Full Version : Help for Cold Hands!!!

Val Pfeiffer
11-16-2005, 07:27 PM
Anyone have a trick for warming up your hands while at work? I realize that cold hands and feet are a side effect post-chemo. But there's got to be a better remedy than running to the ladies room and running your hands under warm water every hour or two! I can't wear gloves because I do too much computer work. I am thinking about buying a heating pad to keep at work to place my hands on throughout the day, but I wanted to ask you guys first...in case anyone has a brilliant idea :-)

thanks in advance!
Val

Ginagce
11-17-2005, 08:06 AM
At home I use one of those seed and herb filled things that you heat up in microwave. But not much help at work. I think the heating pad sounds like a good idea.

Good luck with it. And remember what they say "cold hands, warm heart".

Gina

Sheila
11-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Val
You can buy hand warmers from a Harley shop...some plug in...they work great...as a fellow midwesterner would know...if you have a microwave nearby, fill a soft sock with dry rice...not the minute rice, tie the end, then heat in the microwave for 2 minutes...it stays warm a long time, and you dont need to be plugged in! If the cold hands are due to Raynauds Syndrome, there are drugs to help. Hope this helps.

JoanM
11-17-2005, 10:00 AM
A quick inexpensive fix - whenever I have cold hands or an ache or pain, I simply microwave a potato for 2 or three minutes, place the potato inside an oven mitt and Wallah! instant warm up. It stays warm for quite awhile.
This is good for ear aches.
JoanM