PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room Date

Ginagce
11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Hello All. I'm Gina and I am currently on Herceptin and Arimidex. I have been experiencing bone and joint pain since starting Herceptin. Very interested in talking to others who are on herceptin and experiencing side effects.

I'll be in the chat room tonight, Friday, November 11th at 8PM EST and will hope to see some of you there.

Thanks & Blessings to you all.

Gina

Unregistered
11-11-2005, 10:58 AM
I had my first dose of Herceptin in July, 05 and had no problems until my 3rd infusion. The day before my 3rd infusion, my left pupil dilated and my eyesite became very blurry. I also had swelling on the left side of my face; with sever pain behind and above my eye, ear congestion (for lack of a better description) and sinus pain and congestion by my nose. This has happend two more times since the original episode and both of these times were 4 days after my Herceptin infusion. I also have terrible bone and muscle pain. Right now I am experiencing pain from my left elbow down to my hand ( as my bc support group buddies and I say, "we are just a heap of fun with all of our aches and pains").

Anyway, after many tests and scans (all clear), and a visit to a nuerologist (still to come), my onc and I have decided that maybe these are side effects from Herceptin and we may have to call Genetech and let them know. My onc still thinks it is fine for me to use Hercptin.

Karen

jojo
11-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm in the PST zone, so that would be 5pm tonite, just around my dinner time. Hopefully, I'll remember to log in!

This should be an interesting chat. :-) Have fun!!

Ginagce
11-11-2005, 05:13 PM
for your comments. I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with the herceptin. But I do thank you for sharing with me. My oncologist has been insistent that the herceptin I'm on could not be causing my side effects.

May I ask, are you on any other treatment rx besides the herceptin?

Thank you and I wish you well with your treatment. I hope things start to go better for you soon.

jojo
11-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Aww shucks!... I couldn't make it this time, as my husband was going to go out to a guys' gathering, and he wanted me to prepare dinner "timely". The chat room was to start at 8pm EST, but I am in the PST zone, meaning that the chat was to begin at 5pm here. So much for the duty of being a wife! :-)

So... was the first-time chat successful in launching it smoothly without any tech problems or glitches??

Hope to make it another time! :-)

Ginagce
11-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Yes. Jojo. I think we had a good discussion. Just a few drop ins but I'm going to try again soon.

Hope to see you there another time.

Gina

suzan w
11-13-2005, 06:07 PM
I missed the chat...am also on PST. I have just started herceptin (due for my 2nd infusion this week, every 3 weeks) and arimidex. Have noticed hip pain almost immediately...

chrislmelb
11-14-2005, 01:36 AM
i hope to make it too one day but i just need to work out the time difference over here in Australia.