PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin 4 years out

Unregistered
10-25-2005, 03:07 PM
I just found out that a friend of mine who is 4 years out from BC diagnosis is Her2+++. She is stage 1, node negative, er/pr+, 1.7cm tumor and I think, grade 2. Treated with TAC, rads and one of the AI drugs. she just recently had a discussion with her doctor about being treated with Herceptin and they decided, probably not. I just wanted to see what you gals think. I'm inclined to tell her to, "go for it", even though it has been 4 years.

I look forward to and appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Karen

Barbara2
10-27-2005, 09:39 AM
I would "go for it" also, and I already have, although I wasn't quite that far out. Herceptin alone would be pretty easy. She would probably need a port........

Tough choices, I know, but even at stage 1, I think I would.

AlaskaAngel
10-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Question: Grade 2 just means a slower-growing cancer, not that it won't come back. So perhaps that actually is what has allowed her to achieve 4 years NED. But she should ask somebody who knows more about it than I do.

Other than grade2 the cancer characteristics you gave are much like my own and I am 3 years out. My onc recently agreed that I could have Herceptin.

A.A.

Unregistered
10-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Hi- I was five years out when I went on herceptin and xeloda. It's working well. (Also, a lot of prayer is added to the mix) The three spots on my lungs that were 5mm, are now 2mm and 3mm.God Bless- Cathy