PDA

View Full Version : Taxotere and Herceptin

turnergenie
10-25-2005, 09:52 AM
I've been on Taxotere and Herceptin for almost 3 months now and will be having a cat scan to see if it's working next week.

I'm curious as to how long some of you were on the combination before just having the Herceptin. I'd imagine it depends on the results and of course if nothing shows improvement I'll be taken off of both?

Thanks,

Kim in CA
10-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Hi,

I was on Taxotere and Herceptin for almost 8 months for mets throughout my liver. I had to finally stop even though PET and CT scans still showed some tumor activity, because of low blood counts and worsening side effects. I continued with just the Herceptin and my liver continued to improve and my tumor markers finally reached normal range. I eventually ended up having the left half of my liver resected because there was a suspicious spot that would not go away. Pathology reports did not show any signs of cancer, in fact the surgeon said my the left lobe that they removed was the tiniest shriveled up liver he had ever seen. It was just all scar tissue!

That was in November of 2002, and I am still getting my Herceptin every 3 weeks. Kim