PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody help please!

janewalker
10-25-2005, 04:34 AM
I shall try to be brief and not ramble for long....... I am recently diagnosed with breast Cancer. HER2 (3+) no node involvement, Er positive also. 3.5 lump removed. Currently having FEC100 x 3 then Taxotere x 3 followed by 6 weeks RT. Pre menopausal.

I am living in France although English and not quite understanding the french language as much as I would like. I understand that the governing body in France has given permission for Herceptin to be used in Adjuvant treatment for early breast cancer but my oncologist says no, she want to wait till it comes back and then use it then. I really want to be sure of my facts before I attempt to challenge her.

Can anybody help!
Thank you.

uma
10-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Dear Janewalker,
For same thing, my onc took the following path:
(1) I Did Lumpectomy
(2) FISH tested the removed lump and found Her2/Neu +, and a few nodes were affected too
(3) No ER+
(4) I Did Adriamycin & Cytoxin/Taxol/Radiation.
(5) Then completed weekly Adjuvant Herceptin for 52 weeks
(6) This has worked out very well
(7) Latest tumor marker and other tests have proved perfectly Ok.
(8) All my hair is back and better than what it was
(9) I would advice you to follow the above pattern, but take second opinon for ER+
(10) Thinking of going for E75 Vaccine

I request and welcome comments/advice from all the others in the group

Uma

Sheila
10-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Jayne
Why wait to see if it comes back when you may prevent that by taking the Herceptin.....I would push for itl....I wish I was able to get it before I recurred! I wonder if things would be different, & I would be Stage 1 & not Stage IV.

Welcome to our site...you will find many helpful people here who have already walked the journey.

anne
10-25-2005, 09:13 AM
Ditto,

This is old fashioned thinking from your onc. You can quote the latest trials involving Herceptin (B-31, HERA) that do show a 50% risk reduction in recurrence for early Herceptin. Your onc. should brush up on the latest info and try to be a little more forward thinking. Be firm. Being node neg. you are somewhat at a lesser risk of recurrence but it still can't hurt.

XOXO
Anne

janewalker
10-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Thanks to you all for replying - what a wonderfully supportive site! You have made me more determined to tackle my oncologist on this. Many thanks.