PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Secret Snafu

Becky
10-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Dear Friends

Yesterday my husband got a promo postcard for a new product at Victoria Secret - a perfume product called "Very Sexy for Her2". When he was going through the mail, we thought it had something to do with breast cancer or breast cancer awareness month but it is for their new perfume product and that is the name of it.

Can you believe it? They must have a poor market research department especially in the product naming dept. Unbelievable!!!

Best regards

Becky

Lisa
10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Time for a e-mail campaign to Victoria's Secret?

Love and light,

Lisa

Becky
10-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Lisa

I believe you are right. I think they might be blown away that they named their product after an aggressive form of breast cancer.

How should we proceed?

Becky

Unregistered
10-24-2005, 05:45 AM
Maybe we should all get a free sample

Becky
10-24-2005, 08:49 AM
I went on Victoriassecret.com and under contact us, I wrote and email explaining their snafu. I suggest others do the same. I will let you know how they respond to me.Becky

Jeanette
10-24-2005, 08:52 AM
I too emailed them and they came back with the reply stating the full name of the perfume and they take any comment very seriously. Still think we should get a free sample though. LOL

Sandy H
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
That is funny! Think we can get a percentage from the sales for the Her2 board?? I bet Joe can come up with something here. I'm surprised we haven't heard from him. What about you Al??? Sandy

Merridith
10-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Post Victoria Secret's email for us. Make it easy.........

Becky
10-24-2005, 06:55 PM
I will post it when I get it. I wrote this morning but nothing yet.

Becky

kristen
10-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks Becky,

I haven't seen the card for the new perfume, but I will write and complain. There are other things this that are really p***ing me off this month and one of them is Melissa Etheridge. Ford and Safeway are sponsoring her as the BC Awareness month spokesperson and she is making some very erroneous errors on TV. On another board she was quoted as saying that Stage I and II are completely curable and III and IV were not. That was on Live with Regis and Kelly and the Komen Foundation is taking money from her song Run for you life. You would think that these sponsors would make sure she had her facts right before going on TV and spewing false and hopeless comments. She makes me crazy and then what she said on Oprah and Dateline, she is the poorest excuse for a spokesperson I have ever seen. Do they not think that they should have someone on the opposite side who could function through chemo and not think they were going to dye? I feel very sorry for the women just diagnosed and think that chemo is going to be hell, she made choices not to take any meds and smoke pot to combat her side effects and obviosly it didn't work so great since she laid in bed for 2 months and couldn't function.
I think she has the right to tell of her experience but on the other hand I don't think she is the most positive or resourseful person out there to be reminding us of BC awareness month. Thanks for letting me vent. But this is also another opportunity for us to let sponsors know that we would like someone with hope and knowledge of this disease and not someone who was there own agenda of selling her CD while trying to promote BC awareness.

kansasrose
10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Amen! I am so glad to hear, Kristen, from someone else that thinks that Melissa Etheridge is doing a lot of harm with her comments. I watched her on Oprah, and was really excited about having an episode about breast cancer. But, the misinformation was very unsettling. She misrepresents the facts of breast cancer. I respect her journey, but don't want her representing her story as truth.

As for Victoria Secret, I'll be going on line to complain there, too. Errrrr.....

Becky
10-25-2005, 03:09 PM
I still haven't gotten a response from Victoria's Secret but I did want to comment on Melissa Etheridge. I saw her on Oprah too and was close to emailing Oprah!! How bogus of Melissa to scare all the breast cancer newbies about chemo. It's not that bad - every cycle there's a couple of days but its doable. And they make her a spokeswoman and she says she just laid around and smoked pot!!

I HAD to go to work, and cook and raise kids (they did clean the house) just like all of you and all my chemo friends at the cancer center (some being worse off than any of us with advanced lung or colon cancer).

I don't even feel like I was all that brave (scared of what it would be like everytime something was new like the first AC, first Taxol first Herceptin etc) We all did it and more. Newbies need the inspiration and hope and that it will be okay and that they will make it thru and live thru it and beyond it.

I just didn't mention it because it slipped my mind. Many of my friends (who do not have cancer) commented the same of Melissa and her babyish attitude. Oh well, nuf said.

Best regards,

Becky

TriciaK
10-25-2005, 05:37 PM
I didn't see Melissa Ethridge because I don't watch Oprah---but it sounds like Oprah needs to hear from real cancer survivors! I am outraged by what you describe her as saying. Can we all sign a petition or something? Not just to Oprah but to anyone who sponsored Melissa as spokesperson? What she said could be acccepted as gospel truth by someone newly diagnosed and could do so much damage! She sounds like the old adage "with a friend like her who needs enemies". How many signatures could we get for a protest letter, Joe? It seems to me that this group is the one most qualified, if anything can be accomplished. Hugs,Tricia