PDA

View Full Version : Periods during chemo

Heather
10-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi, I am new here. I was diagosed Sept/03 immediately with as stage 4 with liver mets. I have been on herceptin since Nov/03, initially in combo with Docetaxel for 5 rounds, then Vinorerlbine till last Nov. Now I am only on herceptin, every three weeks, as my liver has been clear since July/04. I was perimenopausal at diagnosis, but yesterday started having a period, first time in two years. I am nearly 52, and thinking this is not normal, but wondering if anyone else had their periods come back after this long. I am at present being treated (radiation) for a small brain tumor. Had 10 rounds of general radiation (whole head), and am going for a stereotactic boost next week. But I am really curious about the period thing. Hope someone else has been in the same situation.

Becky
10-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Heather

I got my period back after 7 months being off chemo and only on Herceptin.

I hope this helps.

Becky

kristen
10-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Heather,

Mine came back after 16 months. I was 43 at the time.

Gina
10-22-2005, 02:25 PM
my periods came back to when I went to only herceptin back in 1999...still get them...lucky us..hee hee hee Take care, Gina

Patty H
10-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Mine came back and I was 51. I was thrilled, it meant I had hormones again. But after a year I was back on chemo and that was the end of that. I hate menopause I think more then the chemo!! The hot flashes have not stopped and it's been over 2 years. Patty H

Heather
10-22-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. I am glad to know I am normal. (Not sure if I am glad this is "normal" or not, I certainly could stand not ever having periods again every month!!). Guess I will cancel my dr appt for Monday, as I'm not as freaked out now.
Heather

Annemarie
10-22-2005, 08:37 PM
When I got my periods back my gyno did a transvaginal examination to make sure that this is why I was bleeding. I have been thru every test ever invented! LOL