PDA

View Full Version : Mhf

Mary Helen Foglia
10-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I was just diagnosed with er+ and her2+ breast cancer. I had surgery and am on my third treatment with A+C, start taxol in a month along with herceptin. I am in a dose dense (every two weeks for the chemo). Want to go back to work in 5 weeks, but have no inoformation on side effects of herceptin....any feedback out there?

Thanks,
MH

mts
10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi

I worked through my dose dense chemo treatments. I would take chemo on Thursday and be back at the office on Monday. AC was pretty bad, but I was only sick every other weekend. Taxol was a breeze and Herceptin is no problem. I get my infusion on Friday because it works well with my schedule. I think most of us have no problem w/Herceptin except for a once in a while runny nose. Overall, I fell great. Best to you-

Warmly,

Maria

sassy
10-21-2005, 05:50 PM
I worked throughout my dose dense treatments, only missing chemo day. Since being on herceptin only, I'm just out in the morning (I have an hour drive each way for treatment), then back at work in the afternoon. Sometimes feel a little tired, runny nose, have some joint aches and pains, but that may be left over from taxol--of course if could be old age!

Sassy
________
Extereme q (http://vaporshop.com/)

Lyn
10-23-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi there, I don't think to many side effects would be much worse than what you get with AC, that was my worst but not sick just felt flat with no energy and ate like a horse from the steroids. I correct myself here, Xeloda gave me hand and foot syndrome, that was an experience, I was OK unless I wanted to walk or do up buttons. I have been on Herceptin for, I just found out, around 4 years now and I gave up work in 1998 because of the inconsiderate people I worked with refused to give up smoking in the office and the Geologist who travelled the world insisted on working in the office while coughing and spluttering into the air conditioning with their foreign germs. I have found that what I have been doing since in the way of treatments, appointments, tests and all the baggage that goes with this disease, not to mention the research, is far harder than any days work I have done. I have only just started to get a bit of a runny nose at times but not sure what it is from anymore, the main concern is the left ventricle function of your heart, I have not had a problem with mine at all and I even survived heart failure which was in no way related to cancer treatment, so if you enjoy your work, it isn't too drainng on you physically and mentally there is no reason for you to not look forward to a working career. I don't work by choice now, I have endured many selfish, inconsiderate employers over my working years and I have decided to be kind to my self and let someone else have the pleasure.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Toubev
10-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Just to let you know, I had no side effects from chemo but after barely 7 mos. on herceptin & feeling great from that, I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. It was attributed directly to the herceptin so of course I had to stop. I have had 2 primary cancers exactly 10 yrs apart. I am praying that those few mos had some good benefits & try not to think about it or let it consume my thoughts. I didn't miss a day of work during my treatments. I was so glad I was able to just keep moving forward. I know others have not been so fortunate