PDA

View Full Version : Linda's PET scan results

al from Canada
10-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Good evening to all our cyber-friends,

Linda and I got here PET scan results today.

In April / 2004 Linda had Jaundiced, had mets to 80% of her liver, had mets to her hips, and 2 lower vertebrae, and also had mets to her bone marrow.

Since then she has had approx. 6 months of herceptin + navelbin, 4 months of herceptin only, and another 6 months of Xeloda + herceptin.

Her recent PET scan shows:
"mets in the inferior portion of the right lobe of the liver".

This is all very good news for us as we had a "game plan" and it worked; we still have a "game plan" and we are confident that it will succeed.

Thanks to everyone who posts on this site for providing us with the information and confidence to fight and work towards beating this evil thing. 1 1/2 years ago Linda was given 2 weeks to live....today we conceeded that we will see our new grand-daughter graduate high school.

The next step: discussion with the experts in Seattle on the probability of success in their vaccine trail.

Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement!

Al and Linda

tammymarie1971
10-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Al, I am happy that there was positive news for you and Linda...Don't you just love to defy the statistics!!!!
Tammy

Amy
10-19-2005, 07:47 PM
I am so happy for you guys....that is great news!!!!
Amy

Becky
10-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Al

You and Linda only deserve the very best news. You are aninspiration to me and all of us. Three cheers.

Love, Becky

Lisa
10-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes, yes, yes!

Love and light,

Lisa and Mel

Lolly
10-19-2005, 09:01 PM
You two are such great support for us all, and it is with great joy that I congratulate you on your good news! HIP, HIP, HOORAY!

<3,
Lolly

Christine
10-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Linda and Al,

My applause to you both, Now you can realize the successful outcome for all your efforts in persuing a plan to survive. You are having a great response to all your Herceptin combos. Get ready for plan 2. Your doing a wonderful job.
There are also many vaccine options that you may qualify for in the near future. Good luck in your search.
Warmest well wishes, Christine

Looking forward to meeting both of you in SAN ANTONIO

StephN
10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
A VERY GREAT evening in your household tonight, and we all are sharing in your joy at the wonderful news!

So, nothing in the bones, but is there a plan to strengthen them after all the chemos?? I have done very well on Zometa and have nothing recurring there as well as getting my bones re-strengthened. It is a short infusion (15 minutes) and I don't seem to have any side effects.

Now that the cancer is almost gone, she needs to build back up some of what the chemos took away.

See you soon - and with grins that can crack that Canadian health system!

Tami
10-19-2005, 10:33 PM
Excellent news...I cannot imagine what is was like to be told you had 2 weeks to live - thank you for showing all of us that we can battle this beast back.

Congrats and keep working your plan because it is working!

Tami

RhondaH
10-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Congratulations!!! And many more fun filled years with your family and friends. God bless.

Rhonda Hoffman

IRENE FROM TAMPA
10-20-2005, 04:14 AM
Way to go Linda - I am so happy on your news. That waiting time to get the results has to be the worst, but what a weight is lifted when you get good news.

Keep up the good work and stay as positive and strong as you both seem to be.

Your friend in Florida

Irene

Sheila
10-20-2005, 05:03 AM
Al & Linda
Great news for all of us to enjoy....& especially to both of you.....hoping you will both be here to become great grandparents !!!!!!!! Celebrate...you deserve it!

Hugs
Sheila

kk1
10-20-2005, 06:25 AM
Al and Lynda;

Just wonerful news!!!!! made my morning! congrats!

kk1

Sandy H
10-20-2005, 06:55 AM
So glad to hear the great news. Sometimes we need to forget the stats and move on. Been there and done that myself. Now, you can enjoy San Antonio and be inspired by the new treatments in the pipeline. Its a great place to be and you will find new friends as well as lots of good new info. See you there soon. Blessings to you both. Sandy

Rozebud
10-20-2005, 07:57 AM
That is so good to hear Al! Hope you can get into the vaccine trial.

jjfromcanada
10-20-2005, 08:43 AM
This is terrific for you and your whole family. I know how hard you work at keeping on top of this so it is nice to see that hard work pay off. As a friend of mine who has BC has always said she doesn't work because her health is her job. You just got a promotion and a bonus!

andsantiago
10-20-2005, 08:43 AM
So happy to hear the good news!!! Keep up the good work!

-Anna

Helen
10-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Congratulations! You deserve the best! You are an inspiration to me. I am on the tail end of my treatment and your input on the board has be so valuable to me. My very best wishes to both of you.

Helen

TriciaK
10-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Dear Al and Linda, Wow, what good news! You two are the real living legends! Keep up the good fight, you are so inspiring! Hugs, Tricia

eric
10-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Al and Linda,

I can't tell you how happy I am for both of you. What a tremendous story and what an inspiration you both are to so many. Enjoy and celebrate the positive news!

Warmest regards,
Eric

Julie2
10-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Al and Linda,

Great news!! congratulations.

Julie

anne
10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi Al,
Congradulations to you and Linda on the good news. I think that aggressive combo on tx. is always a good thing. You guys continue to defy odds and it gives us all strength and courage:)
Take care,
Anne

hope
10-20-2005, 07:17 PM
So happy fior you both on your good news. May God bless you both! You continue to be in my prayers. You are such a great inspiration to all of us. I go for my brain MRI on Monday. Will keep you posted as to the results.

edie
10-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm kinda new here, but still wanted to say congratulations to the both of you, my husband has been my pillar as you have been Al, your wife is very lucky to have you, as I am to have my husband. Keep up the great fight!

mamacze
10-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Dear Al and Linda,
JOY, JOY, JOY! Not only have you come up with a successful game plan; you have been kind enough to share the fruits of your labor and wisdom with the rest of us. It is heart warming to see such good test results, and just so much hope, for two such wonderful people. Yes, without a doubt you will see that gran'baby graduate high school...AND maybe a few more! It is wonderful to share your joy!

Love, Kim from CT

al from Canada
10-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks to all the well wishers and the support! The response to the post has been overwhelming.
Love to all,
Al and Linda

sassy
10-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Wonderful news for both of you--thanks for your wonderful spirit and sharing your lives with us.

Sassy
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

jeff
10-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Hey Al,

Jumping in (late) just to say how amazingly pleased I am to hear the good news.

I hope that Seattle is next on your guys' itinerary....

Jeff

Pam P
10-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Al & Linda -- I am SO HAPPY to read your post. You both are such a support & inspiration & share so much courage, information & hope. I am just thrilled to hear of the great scan results. Prayers for continued good news. Pam