PDA

View Full Version : Thought I would share a bit of inspiration

Lyn
10-18-2005, 08:04 AM
I haven't mentioned this before but this is also my bit of encouragement and inspiration. When I left work in 1998 becasue of BC a dear lady who did the office cleaning took a shine to me and kept in touch when I left. A small parcel turned up in the post and in this little green box was a broach, she had met a lady who had been a 25 year survivor of BC, and when she returned to Canada for a reunion she was presented with this broach, she gave it to her to pass onto me, along with a loving note of encouragement. I have it pinned on my Pink Avon Breast Cancer Bear for safe keeping so I to can wear it with pride in another 18 years, I will be 69 and just about rebuilt like a vintage car.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Lyn
10-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Forgot to mention I cried, it was a very emotional moment.

I just love to give the Cyber Love & Hugs bit as well

Sheila
10-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Lyn
I am sure she gave it to you because you are a very special person, although we have never met, you inspire me in ways you will never know....I love reading your posts & admire your courage & strength.........you so deserve it....treasure it as we treasure you!

hugs
Sheila

StephN
10-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Dear Lyn -
(Dabbing my eyes.) Lovely story.
I think these things get passed on to circulate "good energy."
A long time friend was looking very much like she was getting a diagnosis of ovarian cancer. When she came to Seattle for consult and surgery, I had one of my ovarian survivor friends meet her.
Dee passed on a malachite worry stone to my friend the day before her surgery. Dee was the second recipient of that stone. Sally kept that in her hand and rubbed it a lot. The path report came back from her surgery as "benign!" But that stone has remained out in plain sight since then and is one of her dear possessions.

I think most of us have received some sort of gift that was meant almost more as a talisman than anything else.

Lyn
10-19-2005, 06:32 AM
Thank you girls, you are so sweet, as I rub my eyes.

Love and Hugs Lyn

Lolly
10-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Lyn, these gifts that others pass along are so important, like Steph says, they're good energy. My sister-in-law's significant other is Native American, and he and his "brothers" held a sweat lodge ceremony for me when he heard about my diagnosis back in '99, and prayed over various medicinal items and symbolic talismans for hours. Then these things were sewn into two decorative leather Medicine Bags, one for me and one for my husband. We wore these when I went in for my first mastectomy, and then for months after as I went through treatment. Now they hang on our living room wall, and I take mine down and wear it when I'm feeling the need for some Good Energy.

<3,
Lolly

Lyn
10-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Ah, there is a little magic in all of us, I bet there are some unusual objects out there being held close to the heart, I have my angels, all of my watches and clocks where I have been bought and given more time, lucky charms, healing crystals a never ending list and of course my dangling carrot the broach all drawing positive energy. I always had black cats, real ones of course, Felix used to sit on my chest and purr, it was like Rakki transferring his energy to me, it was so comforting, then something terrible happened, he disappeared on the 1st May 1997, on the 2nd May 1997 my friends 4 year old son drowned in a swimming pool, he always played with my cat, so I like to think he was waiting for him, this I know came true, at his funeral a song from the Lion King was played as he was driven away, the lyrics Kings and Vagabonds by Elton John, a couple of months later I decided to buy another black cat, so my daughter Casey and I went to our local market to the pet section and no black cats, just before we left Casey said lets go back and have another look just in case one turns up, just outside the pet area a man was giving away a black kitten, we got into the car, turned on the ignition and the radio came on immediately and you don't need to guess what song was being played, goose bumps all round, The Lion King song, so it was meant to be, we called him Sebastian, is that spookey or what.

Love & Hugs Lyn