PDA

View Full Version : Which COQ10 to take ?

BonnieT
10-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi
I have decided to take a low dose of COQ10 , but I don't know which one to take, some have other ing. like soy lecithin and I thought ER/PR+ women were suppose to stay away from soy ?
Is there a brand that has pure COQ10, I am also on heart meds Coreg. and Lisniopril so I just want to try a small dose. I just re-started Herceptin weekly after having a low MUGA and I want to do everything I can to keep it up :-)
THANKS
Bonnie T

Lori
10-14-2005, 07:02 PM
I found some at a Whole Foods Coop that does not have soy. Co-Q-Sol. They come in 50mg softgels. I think i got 60 for about $22.

Good luck,
Lori

Julie2
10-14-2005, 08:15 PM
I buy from GNC which has only CoQ10.

Julie

StephN
10-16-2005, 03:50 PM
So, glad to hear that things are on the upswing for you!
Now I was just going over the Co Q10 thing with my friend who takes a med to regulate her heartbeat. She wanted to start taking it, so I gave her a few of mine to try and she felt fine after a few days of use, so bought the same for herself.

I take the Jarrow Formulas brand, 100mg in gelatin capsules. It lists as other ingredients: rice powder, cellulose, magneseum stearate and silicon dioxide. "Contains NO common allergen." I think this is for the capsule and NOT the contents.

Bottle says it is "Pharmaceutical Grade."

I take it with breakfast as I do eat some solid food in the morning.
Since I have had liver mets and am on Herceptin long term, I thought it a good idea to stay on this supplement as it is supposed to have benefit for the liver. Christine says it is also good for the brain!