PDA

View Full Version : Maybe not a new thread

Joy
09-25-2005, 08:07 AM
Hi everyone, I was catching up on some reading here and saw jener8ter's post and it prompted me to add and to question some relevant things. I would love any feedback on this.

So, as i shared, routine CT showed some liver progression (tumor marker rising gradually also) and 1cm spot on L3. Last CT was 2 months ago and it was way better than this one and no spot on bones). Looks like bone met per onc and radiologist. We go for bone scan as it has been a while anyway and want to see what else may show up. So results of bone scan are bright spot on T5 (interesting, this is where I have held all of my tension for YEARS. The more I'm on the puter or the more emotionally jacked up I am the more it bugs me. I have a Network chiropractor who helps with this tremedously). The spot on L3 hardly lights up at all and there is a sketchy spot on right hip-doc less worried about that. When I sit at a desk more and cross my legs i can feel stiffness there. During my summer 'off' i never noticed it.

So why would T5 not show up on CT, but glow big time with bone scan and L3 show up on CT and not really on bone scan? Also alk phos is always normal.

I had a PET in march and it showed no bone anything.

I have accepted that i have crossed over into bone involvement, but since the doc called thursday night, i've begun to question anyway.

Thanks for any feedback or experiences.

jojo
09-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Call me dumb -- but can somebody explain what the T's & L's are (and I think also C's?) ?? Thanks.

StephN
09-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Jojo-
YOU, of all people, are by NO means dumb! We can't be experts in everything, all the time. Because my husband had back problems, I know what the T's and the L's mean.

T = Thoracic or higher up on the spine
L = Lumbar or aroiund your waist and lower spine
C - Cervical or in the neck area

al from Canada
09-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Joy,
I would suspect imaging error. Ask your onc the best way to confirm or deny

Al

Lisa
09-25-2005, 04:47 PM
Joy,

How often are you getting PETs? I'm getting them every 3 months (next week is a little early because my tumor markers are high and getting higher). So I was surprised to hear that you hadn't had one since March. I, on the otherhand, haven't done a bone scan in a while. We rely on the PETS to light up (or not) and they do.

Love and light,

Lisa

Christine
09-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Joy the bone scan can also be sensitibe to tiny bone fractures from stress areas , and can also flare from arthritic ares as well. Check out the CA15-3 as another indicator in addition to scans that are sketchy. Your Chiropractor can tell you the exact spots. I wouldn't think it wise to have him doing any kind of Manipulation on your back or pelvis until your DX is clear.
Ask more ???'s to your Onc to get satisfied answers. You can always get other opinions.
Hugs, Christine