PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this?

tammymarie1971
09-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi, I had liver mets last summer treated with surgery and chemo. Does anyone else who has had liver mets with or without liver re secetion have liver quivers.? I'm not sure how else to explain it, except it reminds me of when I was pregnant and felt the baby moving! This sounds wierd, but the more I think about it the more nervous I get. I am on herceptin and zometa right now for bone mets, my onc is not concerned about the quivering and my tumor marker ca15-3 has come down from 74 to 39 and now is 35. If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it!!!!!
Tammy

Jessica
09-21-2005, 11:19 AM
I've had liver mets ever since my primary dx in 2002. After a year of tx, I was NED for a full year.Then since last Sept, I'd been fighting with a single, recurrent met in my liver. We treated w/ RFA & chemo and I've been NED again since July.(yeah!)
I swear I can feel things in my liver...In fact, after the RFA, I could feel the area that was RFA'd & just knew that they didn't get it all.Unfortunately I was right-I could just feel "something", like a scab on my liver or something.Then after 3 weeks of chemo, that "feeling" went away. I even told one of my friends that I knew the chemo was working cause I couldn't feel that "thing" anymore. Fortunately, I was right again b/c my next scans showed NED.
Now I get a little nervous when I "feel" my liver, b/c I'm afraid that something's back again. Maybe we continue to feel scar tissue that hasn't completely resolved yet? I don't know... Sometimes I think it's just gas!
I'm curious to know what other people's experience is too.
Keep the Faith!

StephN
09-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi -
I am a survivor of major liver mets. I used to have like a shuddering feeling in my liver when it was mending and the chemos were doing battle there.
Keep in mind that the liver can regenerate rather quickly, and there is aways a lot of activity in the liver anyway as it processes our daily intake.

I took Milk Thistle (standardized) as part of a liver cleanser while on my chemo and also drank "detox" type teas. My liver was good as new in 8 months and I have just one tiny spot that always shows on scans that is not cancer. My doctor said that if another doc looked at my scans he would NEVER believe how it looked in Jan of 2002! Worse than Swiss cheese with large holes.

tammymarie1971
09-21-2005, 12:51 PM
I feel so weepy lately and having and kind of "anything" just about sends me over the edge!! However I guess I will just trust that my tumor markers are indicitive to things settling down. I had ultrasound of liver in April and was told all was normal! Funny how even though you know it is probably nothing you just can never quite trust yourself! Thank you I really am blessed to have found this sight!
Tammy

Helen
09-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi Tammy,
I am currently on chemo and Herceptin after being DX'd BC stage IV in May 2005. I have liver mets ( 1 lesion ) and I felt quivers in my stomach area and thought it was gas because it comes and goes. I had my CAT scan after 2 rounds of chemo and the result said that there was an apparent decrease in size of the lesion in my liver . I also don't feel the quivers any more.
Helen

Unregistered
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
Because I am also feeling this spasm feeling in my liver and saw these posts today, I called and talked to my onc. nurse. She said in 20 years she has never heard of it. She was wondering if it might be from the Herceptin.

mamacze
09-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Dear Tammy,

Weepy is good, it is cleansing; and oh, whenever we get a scan we are close to the edge...hopefully your tumor markers are indicative of things settling down. I too can occasionally feel my liver; I was dx with Stage IV in May of 2004; and have had herceptin with navelbine then just herceptin since. My mets are to my lungs and my scans show nothing in my liver; however I do often feel it; it does feel like a baby kicking as you said. Maybe it is a sign that the herceptin is giving it a one-two punch! I am so glad your tumor markers are down..a good sign!
Love Kim from CT

al from Canada
09-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Steph,
No problems with the milk thistle + chemo....I would be worried about an anti-oxidant effect.
Al

StephN
09-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Hi Al -
Huh? I don't follow your comment. Milk Thistle is not an anti-oxident that I am aware of. My med onc said OK to that, but did caution me about overdoing the vitamins while I was back in treatment.

Lyn
09-22-2005, 07:57 AM
Fingers crossed I haven't had liver involvement but for that reason I have always taken a vitamin called Liver Tonic with Milk Thistle, been taking it since 1998 twice a day, sounds like it should be liquid but it isn't, I am not game to stop taking it either.

Hugs Lyn

Lolly
09-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Steph and Lyn, apparently Milk Thistle IS a rather potent antioxidant, at least according to the info in the following web site:

http://www.kcweb.com/herb/milkt.htm

But as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

<3,
Lolly