PDA

View Full Version : Back on Herceptin

lolam
09-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Back on herceptin and I Haven't even left Seattle yet!! They took a Muga and it was 61%, no damage from the transplant. woohoo.
So I guess I am right back where I started from before being diagnosed with MDS, except I do have a new immune system which may do a better job of working with herceptin to kill BC cells. Wish there was a way to know, but since there isn't I am glad they have decided to put me back on Herceptin. I was really surprised that I am on it already!! So I get to try out the Women's Center at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance to see how they do things....They serve a FREE lunch..
I have been experiencing so much back pain(no one can seem to find out why, MRI this week), and now I have drug induced diabetes for a time and on insulin. They are weaning me off prednisone so I hope I have no graft versus host relapses.

I like the new message board...all that nifty stuff to try....
Hugs, Lola

StephN
09-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Wonder Woman - you never cease to amaze! What a model you are for all your family and friends. We all can't help but support you as you are SO cooperative!

The nurses in the infusion suite are all WONDERFUL, and you will have a good experience getting your hereptin at SCCA. By the way - I normally schedule my infusions for late morning so I can eat while I am getting my drugs! The lunch is normally good, especially now that they got rid of that super soft bread that made the sandwiches fall apart! They really DO listen to the patients.

That MUGA is fabulous. ;)

mamacze
09-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Dear Lola,
What a wonderful attitude you have; congrats on the MUGA and if you have to be back on something, better it be Herceptin. Enjoy the new Lunch!
Love Kim from CT

Unregistered
01-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Lola Ann passed away at 8:55pm on Monday evening, the 9th of Jan. She died peacefully at home with her husband, Bob and his son, Paul at her side. She has been fighting with MDS and GVHD for several months now after leaving Seattle. She spoke often of this board and others she was on to me. So I wanted to let all of you know. Her memorial Service will be held at 1pm on Saturday afternoon, on the 21st of Jan. The service will be at Shilo Hills Fellowship on 207 E. Lincoln Rd , Spokane, WA. 99208
Thank you all for your support of Lola.
Bob Mattfeld

RhondaH
01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
I was wondering how she had been doing since the transplant. I'll keep her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Rhonda Hoffman

StephN
01-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I am teary eyed as I type this.
I am going to start a new thread with a link to the Journal they kept all throughout Lola's bone marrow transplant.
Here it is as well:

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/inputSiteName.do?method=search&siteName=lolamattfeld