PDA

View Full Version : MUGA scan frequency

Barbara2
09-14-2005, 02:43 PM
My last MUGA was 2 months ago, but at that time the EF was 50-52%, down 8% from 2 months prior that, just before starting Herceptin. My next scan is scheduled for 5 weeks from now which means 3 months between scans. I'm wondering if that is too much time between scans, when the EF is that low.

It seems some people are getting them every 3 months, others more frequently. Thank you!!

denise99
09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I have been on Herceptin for 19 months, and my MUGA's are now every 6 months. My last EF was 57%. I was told that as long as it is in the 50's range, that is good.
Denise in PA

Kristen
09-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Hi Barabra,
I had a muga scan before starting Herceptin and then again at the 4th treatment and then at the 6th treatment and then 6 weeks following chemo. Then I believe I went in about every 3 months to have them. I had one at the end of my year of herceptin and 6 months post Herceptin and then again I think coming up in January. I hope this helps. I would ask your doctor why he is not concerned? Tell him you want one for peace of mind. I know the farther out you get the farther out your muga scans become. Take care K

Rupali
09-15-2005, 02:54 PM
My LVEF had fallen from 61% before ACT chemo to 54% after ACT chemo to 45% after 3 months of Herceptin.
I was asked to stop Herceptin for 4 weeks. I went to a Cardiologist and he put me on Coreg and LIpinrol and today the EF came out to be 58% in MUGA Scan. Will start back Herceptin.
Also I have been taking 200 mg COQ10 on recommendation from a naturopath.
SOme walk everyday and started yoga.

*_sally_*
09-15-2005, 04:02 PM
I have been on Herceptin every three weeks for about a year and a half. I had a mugga scan before treatment and then 1 year after that. My doctor said once a year for the mugga. Sally

Barbara2
09-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Your replies are really appreciated. Thanks so much

Barbara