PDA

View Full Version : Lung mets

Amy
09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this website and I have found it to be very informative. I've recently been told that my stage 1 IDC has spread to my lungs....just after a lumpectomy sentinal node biopsy came back negative, completing 4 rounds of a/c and for rounds of taxol plus herceptin. I am now on weekly herceptin and xeloda. Can anyone please share with me their treatment regimen after cancer has spread to lungs...not sure what is best and most aggresive. Please help....thank you very much....Also, I'm in the Salt Lake City area for those of you that happen to live there also.
God Bless, Amy

mickey
09-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I had carbo, taxotere, herceptin. Lung mets cleared up immediately but came back in the lymph nodes after a few months

*_Cathy_*
09-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Dear Any- My BC came back after 5 years to between my lungs and 3 spots on my lungs. After 2 months of xeloda and herceptin, the three 5mm spots are now (2 are 3mm) and one is 2mm. The spots between my lungs have disappeared. It sounds lilke you are getting the same drugs I am. Stay positive and Praise God. Prayer is so powerful!!!!! God Bless You- Cathy

triciak
09-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Dear Amy, Lung mets showed up for me after 15 years. I was immediately put on navelbine, femara and herceptin for 6 months, then just herceptin and femara for the last 8 months. My last PET scan shows no evidence of cancer, so it has worked so far. I am stage IV, first had BC in 1985, so I feel very blessed to still be around. Hang in there! Hugs, Tricia

michele u
09-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Amy, I don't think they have given Herceptin long enough to you to really make a difference. It would be good to know what your FISH score is. That is anothere way to check Her2 status. I believe that the higher number, the better the Herceptin will work

al from canada
09-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Dear Amy,
Herceptin + navelbine (vinorelbine) has an impressive track record against lung mets.
Good luck,
Al

mamacze
09-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi Amy,
In April 2004, I had too many to count small metastatic lesions all over all 4 lobes of my lungs; I had navelbine and herceptin and 8 months later my lungs were clear. I am still takiing just weekly Herceptin and by the grace of God my lungs still remain clear.
Love Kim from CT

*_Amy_*
09-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Thanks to all for sharing.....you all give me hope!!!!
Love, Amy