PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin and tamoxifen

*_Donna_*
09-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Can you take tamoxifen and herceptin at the same time? Just curious, Thanks ! God Bless

Diane H.
09-07-2005, 05:30 AM
My Dr. said no, and also no to taking it while on radiation. As soon as I am done with rads will start tamoxifen. Was told there is not enough info on combining tamoxifen with chemo and rads concurrently.

Diane H.
09-07-2005, 05:32 AM
Please disregard my earlier post, I misread yours. I will taking tamoxifen along with herceptin when I finish rads. Sorry for the confusion, my brain took a vacation without me!

dberg
09-07-2005, 02:29 PM
I am taking tamoxifen and getting "late" herceptin every 3 weeks.

*_mary c_*
09-08-2005, 12:33 PM
I have been taking tamoxifen and herceptin - I live in Ontario, Canada.

al from canada
09-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Dear ladies,

There is a trend to concurrent herceptin + hormonal dosing, in fact I just finished reading an article a couple weeks ago stating that if you are ER+ and on herceptin, you should be also taking at least an A.I. Tamoxifen (TAM) + herceptin, there are 3 distinct camps on that one; one says OK and the another 2 say no! Still question if the TAM doesn't cause (1) tumor proliferation or (2)cross-talk between the E and EGF receptors creating TAM resistance.
There is also a thought that if you are HER2 and ER ++, there is a hierarcha relationship between them and tumor growth, where HER2 has by far the greater influence on the tumor.

Regards,
Al