PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts please

Kristin
09-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Today we get the brain MRI results for my mom. She had an MRI with out contrast in June and the previously treated spots were still shrinking, however there was a new 1 cm spot. She had to put off treatment due to the fluid in her lungs and around her heart which she had surgery for. Well we just had a repeat MRI with contrast and will find out if anything has changed. I'm praying that the 1cm spot has not increased in size and there are no new or previously hidden spots either. She has already had WBR so gamma knife and sterotatic are the only things left. I hope gamma knife is still an option, I'm just so nervous. She has been feeling fine so that is something to take comfort in!!

I just want to thank all of you who write in and listen, it really helps!!! For the past 6 years I felt like I had to find this info on my own and at times it really got overwhelming. This website is so helpful to hear from others who have gone through the same thing and know your not alone. This has even been amazing for me just to vent once in awhile or just to get it out so someone else can hear me.
Thanks to all of you!!!!!!

Please keep your fingers crossed around 1pm EST, and I'll keep you posted!!!!
Huggs,
Kristin

Kristen
09-02-2005, 06:48 AM
Kristin,
Best to both you and your mom! I bet there is nothing new and you will have a great long weekend to celebrate. These women here are something aren't they? They can get us through anything. I am glad you found this site too, but for rather unfortunate circumstances. They have been a God send to me! Keep us posted. TC k