PDA

View Full Version : from linda from canada

linda from Canada
09-01-2005, 04:21 PM
To Al's friends-

I am so thankful that you have become a significant part of our lives since becoming ill. Your support, questions, answers and suggestions have provided us with the incentive to do our homework, feel optimistic about our future and to treasure our relationship, family and friends more deeply.

This illness is so destructive; it permeates every avenue of our life, and encourages insecurity, uncertainty, pain and frustration to fester. Al has always been extremely supportive of my and our family's needs. He has always pitched in to help and to guide. Al is a wonderful and selfless provider for our family. Since becoming ill, he has found the strength and willingness to become so much more for us. Without a doubt, I know that I am doing so well because of him, the doctor's willingness to work with us, and your involvement in our lives.

Frequently he shares news from the site with me. Your success stories have become our success stories. He has remarked numerous times that he could not go this challenge alone. He hasn't had to because of you. Prior to this message I have chosen to remain silent because he needs his space and he benefits from the support that you provide. For that, I am so grateful. I look forward to meeting many of you in Texas.
God bless you. Linda

triciak
09-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Dear Linda, We all appreciate Al's contributions so much, especially his humor and research. It is wonderful to "meet" you, too. I also have great support from my husband, and I know it adds a lot to the fight to have an advocate by one's side, whether it be spouse, a sibling, a parent, a son or daughter or a friend. I believe that we draw strength from each other, and this site has added a new dimension I have never had before.
I don't believe I am the only one who prays for the members of this forum. You can feel the faith and the love and courage of each member. You are a walking miracle, as am I and so many here! One of these days all the cancer doctors are going to have to believe in miracles! God bless you both, Tricia

Lolly
09-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Dear Linda, it is wonderful to meet you! Although we feel we already know you :) Al has become one of the "rocks" here, and I always look forward to his insightful and pithy reports. His research is so invaluable to us, and I thank you for giving him the space to be such an integral part of this group. My husband and family are the same, they know I need this time with my Her2 friends to stay on the crest of the wave, so to speak.

Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

<3,
Lolly

Diane H
09-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Dear Linda it is good to meet you here at this wonderful site. I am fairly new at posting here but have read Al's postings and have even printed out some of them, his sharing of the research you all have done is deeply appreciated. Healing and big hugs, Diane